Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Schneider no longer manufacturing analog lenses?

Re: Schneider no longer manufacturing analog lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    If you can afford to buy brand new, more power to you! Maybe Schneider and Nikon would still be grinding LF lenses if more photographers could afford to buy brand new......
    I bought all my architectural modern lenses new back in the late 80's. They were available new then but are not now. Still have all of them from 47mm to 180mm. For personal work I bought a 14" GD Dagor new which I still have, all my other Dagors I've bought used as they were not available new. AFAIK new LF lenses have not been available for years so used is the only option. So I now have the 3 WA and Dagors from 6" to 14" and Artars from 9 1/2" to 30". But if I could only have one lens for 8x10 it would be the 12" Golden Dagor!

Re: Schneider no longer manufacturing analog lenses?

I asked those stores in UAE, they are no longer maintaining or supporting analogue anymore, they may do by sending it overseas but then they will charge even more than what i bought the used for, which is not worthy, and that is why i said new if available so i can use it without issues, most of the time i trust completely those used according to the seller and condition but maybe i just said maybe i may get one that may have a small issue, repairing in UAE is like a nightmare, i still didn't bring my digital lens [Canon 24-70 mk1] because they asking me about $1000 for repair which is not that big damage in my opinion, even if they change a lot i didn't expect it to be that much, so since 4 years i didn't bring my lens and i don't know if Canon service still have it or not.

In all cases, i have 2 brand new LF lenses and i think 3 used lenses, i will used those for a while, i was thinking for one more lens as brand new [i think it is 210mm] but i couldn't find, i was thinking about either 180mm instead or 240mm, but not sure if 210mm will be something in its level over 180/240 for me.