Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CLS 301 Bulb Question

Drew Wiley

Re: CLS 301 Bulb Question

Continuous cooling is ALWAYS the better option, even for wattages lower than this. Filters last longer, you name it. And if you're printing color instead of b&w,
    ND gels are less than ideal ... they're never truly ND. You can correct for them, but they still introduce a bit of color bias that a scrim does not. Besides, scrims
    are cheaper. No big deal ... just a suggestion. No need for a transformer. It's cheaper just to buy a $75.00 squirrel cage "booster" fan from someone like Graniger,
    then mount it at a distance for the sake of noise and dust nuisance. Air is more efficiently pulled than pushed anyway. The idea is not to "trap" heat inside the head. Maybe I'm being a bit nitpicky, but I know darn well how the performance of dichroic filters is altered by this kind of thing. It's a scientific fact, and you can look up the variables in any handbook on the subject, or from the mfg of these kinds of filters. Does it matter in the daily world? Maybe, maybe not. Just depends whether you intend to do something more fussy like color printing with this unit. A couple cc's of unpredictabilty here and there CAN make a difference trying to fine tune chromogenic color papers. With VC black and white work, you probably won't even notice it. Anyway... have fun.

Dude, did you read the thread before shooting off? Luis prints B/W

Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Should the power supply bust a cap or fry a board, I have the schematic.
    Wonderful, sent you an PM to see if you can Email me a copy of the schematic. I have a friend who can pretty much build anything electric or electronic! If you don't still have my Email, pls PM me. Thanks, L