I'm wondering about the availability of pan-tilt heads that can support heavy cameras. (Heads without side-to-side tilt capability.) I have a Toyo G 8x10 that weighs just under 20lbs. In addition, I have a Wisner 8x20 conversion for the 8x10 G that probably brings the total camera weight up to about 30 or 35 lbs. Is there a pan-tilt head available (used) that can support these kinds of weights? Note that there's enough side-to-side tilt built into the rail/base of a Toyo 8x10 mechanism, that I don't really need that degree of freedom built into a tripod head as well.

The first pan-tilt head that comes to mind is the Sinar. If it can hold a Sinar 8x10 P series camera, I imagine it can hold an 8x10 G that doesn't weigh any more than an 8x10 P. But, can it support 30 to 35lbs?

I have a Gitzo, low-profile PL5 head on order that's taking for ever to arrive by USPS standard mail. That's an excellent head. But, it's possible that a pan-tilt head (no side-to-side tilt) might be able to better support the weight of these heavy cameras.

There are heavier cameras than even these in use. What would you recommend?