Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny Format Portraits

Re: Tiny Format Portraits

Fair enough Don, I understand

However my image of Kristi has 42 years of history in it. She is my un-adopted step daughter I first met when she was 6, her father died when she was 3. Her mother, my wife would not let me adopt Kristi, now 48.

This beauty shot was a quick snap in my studio as we said goodby last Sunday. I see Kristi seldom now. I popped my hat on her last second, she later told me it was the only pic of her with glasses. Took 2 snaps, this one is closer, big softbox prepositioned, no time, her 400 mile ride was waiting with motor running.

Over the years we both have a lot of shared history, her mother, my first wife, has passed. Mother had a difficult life, born in occupied Germany as Displaced Person. aka D.P.

Sometimes the back story and scars are hidden...
    Last edited by Tin Can; 19-Feb-2020 at 11:32. Reason: Add D.P.
    Tin Can

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michael_jim_04.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	200833
    Trayvon Memorial

1998 Save the Plants
    Plant Adoption Give Away

Save the Plants please by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

I see U by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Fun photos, Randy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks Peter!
    Tin Can

Here are a couple of faces I photographed about fifteen or so years ago. They're digital capture with a Canon 1Ds and 85mm f1.2. There are a lot of beautiful faces and wonderful people in the mountains around here. The first man, Lendall Abbott, was born in a log cabin in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains before it became a national park. He carves tiny animals out of peach seeds and plays traditional mountain music on his guitar. The second man is Mr Zornes who's also an old mountain musician.

Photo's 3&4 were made about twenty five years ago. James Bunch was a folk artist, wood carver. In the first image he was showing me a photo of himself and family when he was a child and the family killed and prepared hogs for food for his family. The second was from another visit. I and another friend were having a nice conversation in his front yard. Number 3 was a digital capture and 4 was on 35mm TX (original version).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lendall.jpg   Zornes0094.jpg   Bunch_MG_7493.jpg   Bunch 7.jpg  

RJ

Monica and Andrew
    Last edited by Peter De Smidt; 20-Feb-2020 at 16:42.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Since I'm digging through the archive I'll share a few more images.

Photo 1, I never knew the persons name but he had an "Elegant Junk" shop in Oral Tennessee just a stones throw from where I live. Shot with a Leica M6 and 35 Summicron v4. Don't remember the film. Shot around 2000.

Photo 2 is Abe Nickels who dug graves by hand. He lived in a shack and slept on the floor in his work clothes. He said there were holes in the walls and on a windy night the wind would blow through the holes. Shot with Zeiss Ikon M and Voightlander 28mm f1.9. Don't remember the film. Shot around 2007.

Photo 3 is Terry Reece an Appalachian tobacco farmer, or was. Not much tobacco grown around here now. Shot with my Hasselblad 501C and 120 f4 macro Planar on Delta 400. Shot around 2007.

Photo 4 is Raven with her eggs. She lives with her aunt who raises chickens for the eggs to support the family. Ravins mother disappeared and no one knows her whereabouts. They live in a sick with no air-conditioning and her aunt cooks on a wood burning stove. Shot on a Leica M with 28mm Voightlander 28 f1.9. I think it's on Delta 100. Shot around 2007.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orals.jpg   Abe Nickels.jpg   Port Terry Reece 117.jpg   Raven Eggs106.jpg  

Very nice photo. It's easy to see there's a special connection there.