Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a note re Acros pricing

Just a note re Acros pricing

With the fall in the value of the Japanese Yen, the big stores in Japan are selling 20 sheet boxes of Acros 100 at around $30. They won't ship to the US, unfortunately but the price includes same or next day free delivery so if you have friends in Japan (or business associates) it's something to think about. The hardest part is setting up an account on the Japanese only websites, but they take US Credit Cards (and the card address doesn't have to match the delivery address) so if your friend/etc is GOOD friend they can set the account up for you.

Re: Just a note re Acros pricing

I'm moving to Tokyo in March...I do hope the pricing is similar then!

Bic and Yodobashi are both showing Y3680 right now, including consumption tax. It looks like both of them still have loyalty point systems that credit the buyer 10% in points, which would be difficult to take advantage of from overseas but convenient enough if you're local.

The consumption tax was supposed to go up from 8% to 10% next October, but the prime minister has proposed an 18-month postponement of the increase and called a snap election for Dec 14 with the consumption tax postponement and economic management more generally as the central issue.

Just a note re Acros pricing

Just tried Amazon.co.jp and they wouldn't ship Neopan to the U.S. either. The price was even cheaper there than Yodabashi. Fujifilm shouldn't be soaking its US customers with a price nearly 2x here.... Wish Delta 100 was as good.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Just tried Amazon.co.jp and they wouldn't ship Neopan to the U.S. either. The price was even cheaper there than Yodabashi.
    The price quoted by Yodobashi includes consumption tax; I suspect that the price quoted by Amazon doesn't.

Yodobashi price also includes same day/next day delivery (in Japan of course.) When I lived there I used to buy more at Bic than Yodobashi, but they're both quite good.

Re the points, I seem to recall that you can use them at online checkout time. I buy a fair amount from them since my clients have someone in the US almost every month so I might have enough for a box of film or two - I'll try using them next time.

I recently made a purchase of 8x10 Velvia 100F from a person in Japan. It was serendipitous. I had purchased a lens from Japan and in out emails, he added if there was anything I needed. I asked about 8x10 Velvia 100F because I like it and it is no longer available here in the US. To make a long story short, I paid $200 per box plus shipping. Per box cost ended up being $215 per 20 sheet box, which is a very good price. My only concern was I had to send him the money prior to the sale. Everything worked out well. I have contacted him about a few other films and will try to find out about Acros.

They seem pretty hungry in Japan. My recent purchase also included a note asking for more business of any kind. They are getting competitive.
    Tin Can

So far all of my Christmas shopping has been off ebay from Japan...I'm starting to find a lot of stuff cheaper from Japan (even w/ shipping) than KEH and the forums.

I don't understand the film price difference though...I'm ok with a little price increase but acros costs too much now IMO

I'll be in Japan next week and I definitely will be checking out my old photo haunts… maybe I'l grab a box or two of Acros.