Thread: 8x10 enlarger

8x10 enlarger

i live in asmall town in ma. i am starting top rint and archive an extensive collection of glass plates taken by a women photographer in the 1880's to earl y 1900's does anyone have an 8x10 enlarger they could donate or need only a sm all compensation so i can print 6/12 x 8/12 plates we are non- profit and would use any help for fund raising to help build an archive thanks a lot lee nadel

8x10 enlarger

You can get the complete Michael A. Smith article on-line at his website www.michaelandpaula.com

8x10 enlarger

Lee,

I think yours is an extremely worthwhile project. Women have been written out of history for too long.

I agree that contact printing is the way to go. But dont be intimidated by the Azo/Amidol stuff, let alone platinum, palladium or carbon printing, which are highly esoteric and expensive processes which only a handful of people today have mastered. Any good enlarging paper will give you fine prints if you know how to use it.

http://www.ravenvision.com/rvapeter.htm

8x10 enlarger

Sean, is that the right website for Michael Smith, I tried it and got nothing. Pat

8x10 enlarger

I don't know Pat, it's http://www.michaelandpaula.com. Maybe try copying this to the address line of your browser?