Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up!

WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up!

Wanted - 18 photographers for the 2015 Folio Exchange - You must send me a personal message - please. If and when you commit to the exchange, please follow through. It is a waste of my time and energy to constantly email participants for their images.

This will be the fifth one and most likely the last as my supply of folios is getting to the point where I will just have enough for myself.

PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE SIGNING UP.

1. Paper size is 11x14. So, the final print will be on an 11x14 piece of paper with the actual image size being at least 8x10 centered on the paper. The image size can be from 8x10 up to 9x12? The image should have at least one inch of border surrounding it. (An 8x10 size works nicely, but as long as there is a one inch border, no problem.)

2. Photos can be digital or analog but must have been taken with a large format camera!

3. Color or black and white - vertical or horizontal.

4. Photos should either be signed on the front, or have a title on the front. This is so when I put the folios together and write up the info sheet, it is easier to follow along if the title or photographer's name is on the front. However, this certainly is not a deal breaker. (Please do not sign using ball point pen.) Also, no mounted photos.

5. Included with your 18 prints (assuming 18 participants) should be a short bio, info about the photo including technical info, where it was taken, title, camera/lens used, etc.. I will go into more detail on this at a later time. I only need one sheet with this info.

6. All photos need to be shipped to me in Wisconsin. Please make sure they are very well packaged with some padding around the prints. Do not just stick them in an envelope and mail.

7. You will get billed for shipping plus $5 to help defray the cost of the folio and shipping and other printing supplies. I hope that is acceptable to everyone. I take care of putting everything together. I think the past participants have been very happy with the results.

8. Almost forgot, the SUBJECT MATTER - the subject matter will be titled " the grand landscape." The idea being to show the scene with the sky. I figure this should be a subject everyone has access to photograph

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I am getting ready to head back east to visit my 88 year old mother from now through Dec. 27 but I will be checking my email and this forum. So, please PM me and fill up the places. Photos will need to be delivered to me by March 1. I think I have covered everything for now. But if you have any questions, please ask.

Just a quick note - this is certainly open to participants outside the US. Please be aware that return shipping is expensive - upwards of $50 and more for our overseas participants.

Lastly, if you check the thread of the 2014 LF Exchange, you will get a good idea of the process.

Thanks, Jim Becia

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Can't be in this one this year Jim.. I am trying not to shoot Rocks , Trees, and Landscape... good luck .. this is a great exchange for those interested I have participated in the last two and
    Jim follows through.

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Bob,

Sorry to hear you will not be participating in the last exchange. I've enjoyed your work. Jim

The grand landscape? Well, that's me out, then.

I'm in!

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Count me in - I don't want to miss the last one!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    The grand landscape? Well, that's me out, then.
    Andrew,

I looked at you site, you certainly have images that would work. As this is probably the last one, I thought this subject was the one everyone would be able to handle. Jim

So, here is the start of the list:

1. Jim
    2. Biedron
    3. ScottPhotoCo
    4. Dan
    5. Randy Moe

I missed last year's, I'm in this year.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

PM sent.
    Tin Can