Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A chill just ran up my spine....

Re: A chill just ran up my spine....

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    But the mist important questions are

Did it work? Please show image.

Which end is the lens end?
    It started to thaw out before I could get it covered with gaffer's tape and the film holder in situ. Two year old thawed turkey juice everywhere. It wasn't a good thing. No.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I had to use the gaffer's tape to jerry rig a catch-basin on my water heater this afternoon. See there's a pipe about to blow out, and when it does water is going to spray all over my darkroom. Plumber and I looked at it today. He can't believe it hasn't already blown... said it would be a good idea to cut a water bottle and cover it to shield the surrounding area from spray.

Turkey? Heck that's what made me call the plumber. Several years ago some friends in Minnesota clogged their drain with potato peelings during Thanksgiving dinner and their drain burst. So I knew how hard it is to get a plumber on Thanksgiving day - I called him today!

Lens goes in the neck end. Save the tail end for film holder. 325-degrees will fog the IR film, so stick with Pan.

If the bird is frozen rock hard to start with you can cut a slot for the film holder with a Milwaukee Sawzall.
    Jim Galli, IIRC, suggested mounting it on a Lazy Susan for panoramics---sort of a poultry based Cirkut, but...wait...I've said too much!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

325-degrees will fog the IR film, so stick with Pan.

And be sure to save the Pan juices---you can make a fabulous gravy with giblets!