Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E6 (Color Reversal) Film Developing - 6 bath method

E6 (Color Reversal) Film Developing - 6 bath method

Here is a video on developing E6 film using the 6 bath method in conjunction with a Jobo CPP2 Processor. My hope is to keep E6 film alive by getting people motivated to shoot this photographic medium. Here is a link to the video: http://youtu.be/O13gyhxYWng

Thanks,

Tony

Re: E6 (Color Reversal) Film Developing - 6 bath method

I've recently run out of my kodak e6 kits. Do you have a short version for those of us who can't sit still for 25 min?

Hi Vinny. I am sorry but I don't have a shorter version. However, since you are already familiar with the E6 process, I would watch from minutes 7:34 to 10:34 for information on fujifilm chemicals and how to mix them. That should get you up to speed. Thanks!
    Tony

I have been doing E-6 3-bath kit since 2004 but just purchased a HUGE quantity of Kodak 6-bath E-6. Is there some interesting or secret information in the video?

I've been using the Arista 3 bath kit and have been very pleased with the results. I'm still new to home processing E6 and have never used the 6 bath approach before. Any big advantages to the 6 bath?

Zndrson, I switched from Arista to Tentenal (both 3 bath) a while ago. The cost is similar but I like the Tentenal better. Supposedly, 6 bath gives more image stability since it has a separate bleach and fix and prebleach. My slides from 10 years ago with 3-bath are still good, but that's only 10 years. The main consideration is of course it's "impossible" to get 6-bath any more.

Richard,
    Not totally "impossible". Some distributors will sell to "small time" customers/individuals, the key is simply to ask
    Some folks buy from their local labs too, directly.
    -Dan

Daniel, I bought a couple gallons of the 6-bath kit from Thomas who sold me the CPP-2. It will take me a year or probably 2 to finish them. I will see how much better I like it :-). I am switching to color negs for my 4x5 photo project (Transformations:Cosplay) but I still have bricks of Provia/Sensia and donated Ektachrome in 135mm format.

Quote Originally Posted by assanto View Post
    Here is a video on developing E6 film using the 6 bath method in conjunction with a Jobo CPP2 Processor. My hope is to keep E6 film alive by getting people motivated to shoot this photographic medium. Here is a link to the video: http://youtu.be/O13gyhxYWng

Thanks,

Tony
    Hey Tony,
    Thank you for the instructional video. I'm currently torn between using my favorite local lab, http://www.data-chrome.com/, and designing my own rotary processor(to use Jobo Tanks, but built with more durable materials/construction to my specs).

My "dream" machine would be an ATL-2500, but finances, space limitations and lack of available repair technicians at an affordable(to me) rate at this time in my life will probably keep that from happening too soon ... Hence my DIY option to design/construct my own processor using off-the-shelf components.

cheers,
    Dan

Great video. I watched the whole thing and posted it on a few friends FB pages.

Thank you!
    Tin Can