Thread: View Camera Magazine July/August 2014

View Camera Magazine July/August 2014

I just received this latest issue of "View Camera, The Journal of Large Format Photography" and I am super impressed with this issue.

I have been subscribed for only a couple years and I see a big improvement in this issue.

Very high quality prints are featured which are all different and all good.

The ads are good, all sharp and sized well. And are from our suppliers.

I haven't read any of the text, I'll get to that.

Also a great article on DIY rotary tubes. I skimmed, but I will be using it.

Subscribe to this wonderful glossy print magazine or you are missing out!

Great work Steve Simmons!
    Tin Can

Lurker

Re: View Camera Magazine July/August 2014

I always enjoy this magizine even with the quirkyness of receiving the july/aug issue at the end of November. The stories about Ray McSavaney were great.

David

I've been a subscriber for years. Love it.

Eric Biggerstaff

I agree, it was a very nice issue and I was honored to have been a part of the Ray McSavaney tribute. Both Ken Karagozian and John Sexton were wonderful to work with and they deserve a big thank you for helping get Ray's estate in order and finding a home for his work. I would encourage anyone who appreciated Ray's work to make a small donation to the fund that Ken manages to help with the preservation activities if finances allow. Ken has a VERY large task to gather and catalog all of Ray's work so every little bit will help.

Also, a big thank you to Steve Simmon's at View Camera. He worked quickly once we had the final draft completed to get the tribute published in this issue.

Happy you enjoyed it.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

I had exactly the same thoughts when I received my copy yesterday. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff View Post
    I agree, it was a very nice issue and I was honored to have been a part of the Ray McSavaney tribute. Both Ken Karagozian and John Sexton were wonderful to work with and they deserve a big thank you for helping get Ray's estate in order and finding a home for his work. I would encourage anyone who appreciated Ray's work to make a small donation to the fund that Ken manages to help with the preservation activities if finances allow. Ken has a VERY large task to gather and catalog all of Ray's work so every little bit will help.

Also, a big thank you to Steve Simmon's at View Camera. He worked quickly once we had the final draft completed to get the tribute published in this issue.

Happy you enjoyed it.
    Eric, I have just had the pleasure of reading your fine tribute to Ray McSavaney joined by those who knew him well. Fitting that he should be featured in an issue including Strand and Lange.

Congratulations to you and also to Steve Simmons for his continued contributions to the large format community. Well done!

Merg

Eric Biggerstaff

Thank you Merg!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Still waiting for this issue. It takes a while for the dogsled team to get it up to me… and all these igloos look the same.

I haven't received my copy either, and I'm on the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Sometimes I suspect my copy is being delivered via covered wagon over the Oregon Trail.

Keith

I only buy two magazines which are View Camera and JP. JP is a Jeep magazine. My wife gets National Geographic. Of the three, View Camera Magazine is my favorite. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in large format photography.

Yes, sometimes it's a bit slow getting here but I think they do that to increase anticipation. You know, it's just like waiting for the Walking Dead to come back on!