Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

  1. #21
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    812

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebbiebear View Post
    Yet in 2014, compared to anything E-6 from Kodak it is WONDERFUL.
    Ha!

  2. #22
    Drew Wiley
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SF Bay area, CA
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    It's all going to be acetate, so nothing appropriate for sheet film. And if it is a revival of Scotchrome, as they allege, it's well, uh,er... maybe more appropriate for the amateur market, if any of them are still shooting slides. More for fun or "creative" stuff than any realistic detour around Kodak or Fuji.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I posted this on RFF earlier today. images from ScotchChrome that aren't cross-processed or all out of wack due to expiration / poor storage are hard to find, but I found this Flickr album.

    If it looks like that I'll be very happy.
    The blues in your example look horrible. Like vomit. All I remember about Scotch chrome is that it was given as cheap peccadillo when your chromes were developed with delay by your local 24h.
    One thing is trying to resurrect the national Italian pride, an other to come with a competitive product.

  4. #24
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    6,722

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Well I disagree...

    Come on, you are being a bit ridiculous.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Well I disagree...

    Come on, you are being a bit ridiculous.
    Ridiculous is trying to present Scotch chrome as the reversal film of the future.

  6. #26
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    6,722

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    As opposed to what? Choice is good. New film is good. If you don't like it, fine, but why complain?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    I shoot on Provia 100 F. Don't even dream to change it for Scotch chrome made in Italy. Don't complain about it.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    People aren't supporting it because they believe in scotch film as product. They are supporting because they believe in film photography and everything it stands for. Who says it's not improvable in the future or that they couldn't buy the recipe from a company that doesn't produce anymore. What's important is that they are presenting the ability to make reversal film. It might make fuji and Kodak to eventually take a look at the niche market carefully if it gains popularity. Instax has become hit for fuji... Its technical quality is nothing compared to type 55 but with some commercial success it may pave the road for better stuff.

  9. #29
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    6,722

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffner View Post
    I shoot on Provia 100 F. Don't even dream to change it for Scotch chrome made in Italy. Don't complain about it.
    Not sure why you have a bad attitude about it.

    +1 on Deval's post.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: Film Ferrania: 100 More Years of Analog Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    People aren't supporting it because they believe in scotch film as product. They are supporting because they believe in film photography and everything it stands for. Who says it's not improvable in the future or that they couldn't buy the recipe from a company that doesn't produce anymore.
    None of that is said anywhere. Continue to dream. Not even in its heyday was Scotch chrome regarded as a quality product for photographers able to compete with Fuji. If you know the present state of the Italian industry and its conditions you can easily stop dreaming and fall on the hard ground. The fact that these guys cry for Kickstarter help says it all about people's support.
    Never mind, some of us love dreaming about the new (pretty old in fact) reversal film gaining popularity and being available for the next 100 years - from Italy and its healthy industrial environment with love.

Similar Threads

  1. Ten years of shooting film in Wales
    By Sandeha in forum Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-May-2018, 14:27
  2. Report from Photo Expo plus NYC re film and analog photography
    By koh303 in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-Oct-2013, 09:37
  3. Souped my first film in 12 years tonight
    By Vick Ko in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2012, 21:33
  4. Analog-digital workflow: which film suits best?
    By Kamox in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2008, 09:14
  5. Why do you call Film Analog?
    By Bob Bell in forum On Photography
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 3-Apr-2007, 12:54

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •