Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rollei RPX 25 In 5X4

Re: Rollei RPX 25 In 5X4

Quote Originally Posted by cuypers1807 View Post
    I have some of the 4x5 RPX25. It has to be the thinnest sheet film I have ever used. I doubt it would work in a MOD54. It is so thin, I loaded more than one sheet more than a few times. I am about to develop some I shot recently and I will post results if they are worthy. I use 35 and 120 RPX25 for the DR5 reversal process and it looks incredible through that process.
    I recently put 4 sheets of HP5 film in my Fidelity Elite double film holder so I would have no chance with even thinner film!

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Like I said I probably just made a mistake somewhere and massively over exposed it, though I have been saved during similar stupidity by other films with more latitude.
    Steveo, This was RPX25? It looks like Infrared to me so it maybe IR400? Great image by the way.

I rarely get too far afield from using plain old vanilla D76. All my examples are from my Ikoflex Favorit at box speed, but I have had excellent results using Kodak D76.

I will have to contact Maco and have them send me a box in 4x5 (5x4) so I can give it a try. Thanks for the heads up on the large format.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    I use a compensating developer with RPX25 and seem to get quite reasonable highlights. I don't recognise the problem at all. I also use the box speed of 25 ISO.

RR
    Oops. Just realised my post above quoted the wrong person.

Regular Rod, This was RPX25? It looks like Infrared to me so it maybe IR400? Great image by the way

Quote Originally Posted by macolive View Post
    Oops. Just realised my post above quoted the wrong person.

Regular Rod, This was RPX25? It looks like Infrared to me so it maybe IR400? Great image by the way
    It is RPX25 exposed at box speed of 25 ISO and developed semi-stand in OBSIDIAN AQUA.

RR

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    It is RPX25 exposed at box speed of 25 ISO and developed semi-stand in OBSIDIAN AQUA.

RR
    Looks good! Thanks for the info!

Just tried a second development of RPX 25 and it's pretty awful. Hoping to replace Efke PL25M but not a go for me. It's so thin it's hard to handle, and development was basically a failure for me in both Caffenol and Pyrocat.

Funny, the ISO 100 and 400 in 120 rolls work nice... Oh well, was worth a shot...
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Barrett View Post
    I've been shooting a fair amount of this in the Hasselblad VERY unscientifically. Walking around Chicago, metering with an app on my iPhone and dropping it at the lab (who develop in Xtol). I haven't missed an exposure yet. An image from another thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1162239
    I am very interested to have a kind of "full tone range" from 25 ISO film, but I do not see any image at that link...

I used to develop the famous Agfapan 25 of 1970 in normal Microphen and that was full tone range, perfect...
    Now it seems almost impossible to reach those results with present developers if not ultra-diluted.
    Now, question is : developers producers say that there is a minimum needed quantity of concentrate,, that usually is far over the high diluition we usually do, like 1+25 or 1+50 etc.

Any hints ?
    Thank you