Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

Re: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

I knew that 6x9=2x3(ish) I was saying I was surprised the 620 roll was 6x9 and not 6x7, that's what I meant.

And yes I know 2.25x3.25 but it's SO HARD to type all that

And I have no idea if it's "accurate" but it functions fine in A, B, C, and D etc, it "fires" etc.

So according to the chart this goes to 1/1000??? I thought only the "super speed graphic" went that fast?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410990879.307161.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	122015

Excuse the (brass?) green.

Clean lens!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410990985.845797.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	122016

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410991018.456806.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	122017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410991036.874284.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	122018

24 possible speeds in FP.

Nice lens and shutter. Point it out the window at something very far away and check RF infinity with GG.

That green is normal, but horrible rot. Lot's of cameras have it.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    24 possible speeds in FP.

Nice lens and shutter. Point it out the window at something very far away and check RF infinity with GG.

That green is normal, but horrible rot. Lot's of cameras have it.
    Thanks, if the film comes by Friday I'll take it with me on a trip this weekend and test it out, I had to fix the RF already as it wasn't sliding, I think it locks at infinity no?

The Super Speed graphic has no Focal Plane shutter - but the 1/1000 in its Graflex shutter was pretty impressive (and fragile). I have one of these too, I never use it. I think mine has a flash sync for the Ektar lens (I'd have to dig it up to be sure).

I also have an Adapt-A-Roll - it would be great if it did 120 film instead of 620 - the 120 spools don't work well and it ends up being a kludge all way around.

Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    The Super Speed graphic has no Focal Plane shutter - but the 1/1000 in its Graflex shutter was pretty impressive (and fragile). I have one of these too, I never use it. I think mine has a flash sync for the Ektar lens (I'd have to dig it up to be sure).

I also have an Adapt-A-Roll - it would be great if it did 120 film instead of 620 - the 120 spools don't work well and it ends up being a kludge all way around.
    The 620 AAR holders can take a 120 spool in the feed, but need a 620 spool for takeup.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Al, did they send you 6.5 x 9 or 6 x 9 holders?
    Could have been 6.5x9. It was over ten years ago that this happened. If I recall, I think 6x9 was what was engraved on the holder, but we have a habit of rounding the fractions. In any event, it was larger than the 2.25x3.25 format so the film would not stay in the holder.
    al

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I knew that 6x9=2x3(ish)

. . .

And I have no idea if it's "accurate" but it functions fine in A, B, C, and D etc, it "fires" etc.

So according to the chart this goes to 1/1000??? I thought only the "super speed graphic" went that fast?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410990879.307161.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	122015
    Bear in mind, however, that it takes longer than 1/1000 of a second for the narrow slit to travel across the film. This 1/1000 only indicates the duration of exposure at a given point on the film.

If any object is in motion it will be distorted. Reference Lartigue's race car.
    al

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I knew that 6x9=2x3(ish) I was saying I was surprised the 620 roll was 6x9 and not 6x7, that's what I meant.
    The Linhof Rapid Rollex is a slide-in holder that makes 6x7cm negatives. It comes in both 4x5 and 2x3 versions. The latter turns up occasionally on eBay, nowadays often at non-crazy prices. I have one that I've used with my Horseman VH/VH-R. With slide-ins there's always a chance that there will be some quirk about the camera back and holder shapes that make a particular combination unworkable, so I can't guarantee it would be a good fit. But if you really want to work with rollfilm with this camera, it might be worth keeping an eye out for one.

Just checked. A 2x3 Grafmatic will not fit under the spring back of my MSG that has a spring back. I have another one with a Graflok back so their has been no incentive for me to try this before but it does however very nearly fit. I can get the Grafmatic 3/4 of the way in.The springs are held in place by screws which pass through a washer and then through the spring before entering the wood of the back. I reckon if you were to put another washer on the other side of the spring between it and the wood then the ground glass back would be shimmed out sufficiently to allow a Grafmatic to pass under. Has anyone tried this? It would I suspect require the use of longer screws which I do not have to hand now which is why I am asking the question rather than reporting whether it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hesketh View Post
    Just checked. A 2x3 Grafmatic will not fit under the spring back of my MSG that has a spring back. I have another one with a Graflok back so their has been no incentive for me to try this before but it does however very nearly fit. I can get the Grafmatic 3/4 of the way in.The springs are held in place by screws which pass through a washer and then through the spring before entering the wood of the back. I reckon if you were to put another washer on the other side of the spring between it and the wood then the ground glass back would be shimmed out sufficiently to allow a Grafmatic to pass under. Has anyone tried this? It would I suspect require the use of longer screws which I do not have to hand now which is why I am asking the question rather than reporting whether it works or not.
    I used the washer under the spring technique on my Pre-Anny Speed (4x5). I have two MSG's, I found a Graflok back for one and installed it, so I have no need to try it on the spring back. I'm sure it would work, thouogh.
    I also have two 2x3 Graflex Model B's and they can take the Grafmatic changer.

Stone, I don't think you should worry about using a flash, just take it out and have fun with it.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos