Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: durst laborator 138s questions

Re: durst laborator 138s questions

I also use the CLS 2000 head, and I hate the idea of using the original 2x1000 Watts, but - are you sure, substituting by lower bulbs will work?
    I don't find my CLS very bright, instead of the 2000 Watts...

Thanks,
    Ritchie

I am not considering substituting bulbs, Drews idea , I like the high power.

Quote Originally Posted by plaubel View Post
    I also use the CLS 2000 head, and I hate the idea of using the original 2x1000 Watts, but - are you sure, substituting by lower bulbs will work?
    I don't find my CLS very bright, instead of the 2000 Watts...

Thanks,
    Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I have a CLS 2000 head and I want to rewire this to a simple timer for black and white use only , I lost the cord from existing timer to head, anyone done this?
    Why not PM IC-Racer, he's the go-to guy for weird, archaic 1970's Durst electronics! L

Drew Wiley

OK, yeah. That's what it was designed for, mural work. The problem with hard wiring the bulb is that those kind of bulbs allegedly last longer if the voltage is reduced about 5%, which is something the power supply does, along with stabilizing the voltage. But these things run so damn hot, and put out so much UV, that
    they're hard on both color film and your utility bill. That's why I designed my own big colorhead, which solves both those problems, and gives purer color too.
    But additive heads are dependent on significantly more complicated, finicky electronics. It's not like those toy versions like the Phillips which used rheostats, or
    weak little flash tubes like the Minolta/Beseler head. But my behemoth is currently down for another round of pyschoanalysis. No big deal. I know what to do. But that's why I set up a conventional Durst 8x10 color unit too, as a backup for more modestly size prints. No time to color print this year anyway. Just getting everything ready to jump once I retire in a few months.