Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Publication of book, Handcrafted: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print

Publication of book, Handcrafted: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print

I am pleased to announce the publication of a book I took part in creating, HANDCRAFTED: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print. Published in Hangzhou China it is beautifully printed, with around 200 pages of images and text.

A PDF of the content is available here:
    http://goo.gl/8auBbY

A show primarily of prints by the 4 co-editors’ of the book (Sam Wang, Sandy King, Christina Z Anderson, Zhong Jianming) has just opened at the art museum of the Nanjing University of the Arts, partly as promotion for the book. It will travel to the Pingyao International Photography Festival in late September, then onto other venues in China.

Thank you for looking.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handcrafted.jpg  
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: Publication of book, Handcrafted: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print

Congrats Sandy! You really have played a huge role in keeping the alternative processes going, something I am personally very grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I am pleased to announce the publication of a book I took part in creating, HANDCRAFTED: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print. Published in Hangzhou China it is beautifully printed, with around 200 pages of images and text.

A PDF of the content is available here:
    http://goo.gl/8auBbY

A show primarily of prints by the 4 co-editors’ of the book (Sam Wang, Sandy King, Christina Z Anderson, Zhong Jianming) has just opened at the art museum of the Nanjing University of the Arts, partly as promotion for the book. It will travel to the Pingyao International Photography Festival in late September, then onto other venues in China.

Thank you for looking.

Sandy

Re: Publication of book, Handcrafted: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print

Will this be available for sale in the US?

Zebra

Sandy it is a beautiful book. Thank you

Monty

Nice. Too bad the writing is in Simplified Chinese and not Traditional Chinese :-)

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    Nice. Too bad the writing is in Simplified Chinese and not Traditional Chinese :-)
    Nana, thank you for your comment, and it is good to see so many people on this forum, including you, involved in hand-coated emulsions and hand-crafted prints. Keep up the good work.

Jim, the intention of the publisher is to concentrate on the Chinese market so the basic text is in Chinese, not English/Chinese, even though much of the original documentation was submitted in English.

Richard, not many of the people I know understand the difference between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese!! For sure the distinction is well over my head.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Thumbs up Re: Publication of book, Handcrafted: The Art and Practice of the Handmade Print

@sandy:

Remarkable! I consider it as a humble tribute to the art of printmaking!! Thanks for sharing and wish you the best!!!

Thanks, Sandy, for the link to the download.
    Google Language Tools Translator does a reasonable job of translating the Chinese to English, etc..
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Google Translate does a horrible job of Chinese to English, actually :-)

Sandy, perhaps you can provide your original English text as a PDF supplement? Or will it violate some kind of copyright?

No plans for an english language release?