Thread: MPP Micro Technical VII Digital Options

MPP Micro Technical VII Digital Options

Good afternoon all,

I have an opportunity to buy an MPP Micro Technical VII folding camera w/ Rodenstock 150mm Apo-Sironar-N. At some point in the future I may well want to add a digital back to this setup - can anyone advise if this is possible / recommended / foolhardy / ridiculous?

Also, can anyone suggest what might be a reasonable price for the camera and lens?

Many thanks

Re: MPP Micro Technical VII Digital Options

That late model of MPP should have a standard universal back like the Graflok. The MPP User'a Group http://www.mppusers.com/ has information on these fine cameras, and Mike Butkus has manuals on the later MKK VIII http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mk_viii/mk_viii.htm.

Thanks Jim,

if indeed it does have the standard Graflok back, does that make attaching a digi back a simple exercise (using a Kapture Group product for e.g. ?)

Quote Originally Posted by threebythree View Post
    Good afternoon all,

I have an opportunity to buy an MPP Micro Technical VII folding camera w/ Rodenstock 150mm Apo-Sironar-N. At some point in the future I may well want to add a digital back to this setup - can anyone advise if this is possible / recommended / foolhardy / ridiculous?

Also, can anyone suggest what might be a reasonable price for the camera and lens?

Many thanks
    Mk VII has a standard rotating back. If the digital back is designed to replace the film holder then it should fit.

RR