Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apps for Large Format

Re: Apps for Large Format

There is also OrthoCam for Android which I've created to help visualize effect of green or blue sensitive films. It also has light meter.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oo.orthocamera

I have started some initial design work around a new release of Reciprocity Timer. I hope to have it ready in the next 2 or 3 months.
    I'm reviewing the UI and will probably re-design the Notes section so that you can move notes between categories and so on. I want to make it easier to use.
    I also want to ensure you can use the app just to make notes - without the need to start the timer.
    Feel free to submit any feature requests you may have here. I can't promise but I certainly appreciate the feedback and input from regular users.
    I'm also planning on releasing an Android version at around the same time. You guys have been going without for long enough!

Boinzo,
    Less is more.
    The bellows extension buttons throw me for a loop every time. Let's say I choose 300 because I have a 305mm lens on and am shooting a close up but sliding the bellows extension button all the way over only goes to 300mm. Is it possible to have the "focal length" slider go from 0 to 1200 and same for the bellows extension?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Boinzo,
    Less is more.
    The bellows extension buttons throw me for a loop every time. Let's say I choose 300 because I have a 305mm lens on and am shooting a close up but sliding the bellows extension button all the way over only goes to 300mm. Is it possible to have the "focal length" slider go from 0 to 1200 and same for the bellows extension?
    Great app, and my most-used.
    I think Vinny's suggestion is a good one; I find these two functions unnecessarily complicated. Just one slider for each of the FL and bellows function would make things much clearer and simpler to operate.
    Keep it simple-r.

Vanannan

Here is my lens extension app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tape_measure.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	130318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brain.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	130317

Tony, if it were only about bellows factor, I'd agree with you 100%.
    But the app also takes into account the type of film being used as well as its reciprocity characteristics; very handy to have it all in one place.

Nice to hear from you!

I have problems with the app on iOs 8 on the phone 6 (not the iPad). When you try to move the zone icon to the image the program crashes. So I' expect the new version, and don't forget to send me the language files to work on the translation.

Apps for Large Format

I would like the "filter" icon to be a red or graduated density round looking filter, the "funnel" icon doesn't translate in my brain, I use the app every week and still go searching for how to select a filter as I never see the funnel as a filter... Lol!

Most used app for sure! No major complaints, adding a light meter in the app would be nice, with "real world/live view" as you make adjustments. And B&W view option. Since its color sensor, you could apply filter choices (removing blue, red filters etc) I know lots of work and not perfect, but would be like taking a polaroid test shot, very helpful. Could overlay that on the zone system readings choices picture.

Just a thought.

The only app I use is the Shutter Speed Tester app: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...for-the-iPhone

But I will look into the Reciprocity Timer app. Sounds cool.

I recently made a depth of field calculator app called "Lumariver Depth of Field" (available at both Android and iOS) that I think can be relevant for large format, although I use it myself on a digital Linhof Techno system for now. The app does plain focusing (not macro) and tilt focusing. I think it's primarily the tilt aspect that makes it more interesting for large format users than the typical depth of field app. It's mainly intended for landscape photography use cases. In addition to hinge distance calculations in provides the height of the in-focus window (wedge span at infinity), and intersections if you choose to put the hinge distance below the ground level (useful for longer lenses).

You can find more info about it here: http://www.lumariver.com/#LumariverDoF

It's not a free app, but I can assure you I have put plenty effort in it, and it's pretty well documented

I've attached a couple of screenshots below for a Nikkor-SW 90/8 lens, used with and without tilt (to separate screens within the app). The concept is based around interconnected scrollers, when you move one the others follow (if necessary) according to the depth of field formulas. Here's a brief 90 second video showing the scrollers in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOQYFlHCz70&rel=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lumariver-dof.png   lumariver-dof2.png  
    Last edited by atorger; 25-Apr-2016 at 09:01.