Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schneider Symmar 150 5.6 W/ Synchro Compur - Lens Board Help.

Re: Schneider Symmar 150 5.6 W/ Synchro Compur - Lens Board Help.

Quote Originally Posted by b2sl2s View Post
    Why is this? I see that Cambo do make some recessed boards.
    Please read the FAQs at www.largeformatphotography.info. Please buy and read one of these books: Steve Simons' Understanding the View Camera or Leslie Strobel's View Camera Technique. They're available used at fairly low prices through, in alphabetical order, abebooks.com, alibris.com, amazon.com, ...

And do all this before you spend a penny more. Until you learn the basics you risk hurting yourself.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply and the concern. As I mentioned in the OP I'm actually quite experienced with the operation of a 5x4 camera from Loading and Shooting to Development and Scanning.

Here are a couple of portraits I made with a friends 5x4.

Attachment 119901

This will be the first time I've owned my own 5x4 so was a little confused by copal sizes as well as the size of the board itself that I needed. The internet is full of conflicting information so I try ask questions in the simplest way possible to make sure I understand correctly.

My research has now concluded with me needing a 162 x 162mm lens board with a Copal #1 42mm hole.

Thanks again for all the help.

You can use 162 X 162mm boards with the Cambo or Calumet name on them. They are interchangeable. There are also step-down Cambo/Calumet to Linhof Technika style boards. The Technika style boards are smaller and fit into a backpack easier.

I heard that at one time Cambo and Calumet were separate companies and then they later merged. I'm not really sure about the history.