Thread: Hey People!

Hey People!

Lately I've been shooting a lot of film for my personal work and as I begin to reacquaint myself with the medium, a lot of searches lead me back here. So... I figured I'd join up! I also hang out at LuLa and GetDPI on occasion, so you may come across me there. An architectural photographer by trade, I've been shooting view cameras for about 20 years. My tastes have always held loyal to the Arca Swiss designs. I started with a 4x5 F-Line which I shot for most of my career. With digital capture, I moved to an F-Line Metric, then an M-Line 2 and finally an Rm3d. I've just started a new body of work that I've been shooting on the R with a 6x7 back (Rollei RPX 25). This, of course, prompted me to drag my drum scanner out of the basement (my back is still killing me from that!) and I've been loving the film experience. There's something exciting about NOT seeing your image on an LCD and having to wait until the film is souped.

Lately I'm also shooting the Sony A7r a lot on the M-Line 2 and of course my IQ 260 on the M and R. If you have any questions about any of that stuff, feel free to PM me. AND... I really think I need to get back into 8x10! Ha!

Cheers!
    CB

The new work...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chgo_Arch 004.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	119576

David Schaller

Re: Hey People!

Welcome Christopher! Very nice image. I look forward to viewing more of your work.
    Dave

Welcome to the forum, Christopher. I really like your abstract photograph of the buildings.

Good to see you here Chris. This has been a hangout for me for many years.

All, Chris is a top architectural photographer in Chicago with a client list to envy. I have followed his work for a couple of decades. I had him come in and talk to my AP class at SAIC this summer.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post

All, Chris is a top architectural photographer in Chicago with a client list to envy.
    After checking out Chris' website, I'm not surprised. Good stuff there!

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

That Rollei Pan RPX 25 is a great film, certainly worth pulling the drum scanner out! When I read your message I was actually scanning some negatives I made some years ago on Rollei 25 with the Fuji GSW690III (6X9 cm format). Really great B&W film!

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon