Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Technica III Rangefinder Adjustment.

Vanannan

Linhof Technica III Rangefinder Adjustment.

Can anyone help with any information regarding the adjustment of a Tech III Mark 5 rangefinder, I have not used the camera in handheld rangefinder mode for many years and have found the rangefinder to be out by 2 to 3mm (measured on focusing track), I have checked that the focusing scale is at infinity when the image on the ground glass is sharply focused and it is ok with all three coupled lenses (the cams and lenses have the matching serial numbers) I assume there will be an adjustment screw somewhere in the vicinity of the rangefinder but possibly hidden under the leather covering?

Re: Linhof Technica III Rangefinder Adjustment.

Do the serial numbers on the bottom of the cm match the serial number of the camera?

Vanannan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Do the serial numbers on the bottom of the cm match the serial number of the camera?
    Hi Bob
    Yes the serial numbers match, I purchased the camera used in 1970 I used it many times with the rangefinder with the 3 matching lenses, the camera has never sustained impact damage so I really cannot understand what has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lakin View Post
    Hi Bob
    Yes the serial numbers match, I purchased the camera used in 1970 I used it many times with the rangefinder with the 3 matching lenses, the camera has never sustained impact damage so I really cannot understand what has changed?
    If nothing else, you have a camera that is at least 54 years old and, at most, 68 years old. So, if nothing else, it could just be wear.

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

Sorry if this a stupid question for you, but have you checked that the rear four thumb screws are allowing the back to completely rest against the camera body?

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

On the rangefinder housing, on the bottom angled side, you can peel back the leatherette and there's a thin aluminum covering that is held in place with adhesive. If you pull it back too (sometimes it comes up when you peel back the leatherette) you have access to the adjustment screws. It's super easy. Have fun!

Could probably be that the RF movement is a little sticky from old lubricants.
    I'd set the camera up on a tripod in a high-traffic area of the house, and run the focusing track up and down a few times every time that you pass it. Can't hurt!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Vanannan

Smile Re: Linhof Technica III Rangefinder Adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by michael slade View Post
    On the rangefinder housing, on the bottom angled side, you can peel back the leatherette and there's a thin aluminum covering that is held in place with adhesive. If you pull it back too (sometimes it comes up when you peel back the leatherette) you have access to the adjustment screws. It's super easy. Have fun!
    Thank you so much Michael, exactly what I needed to know, everything is now in synch.

Greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Vanannan

Thanks to everyone for your advise and suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by michael slade View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering about this before.

Now my problem wasn’t the rangefinding accuracy itself (vertical). My RF has a horizontal offset, which makes judging the vertical offset harder. I’ve exposed two screws, but as far as I understand the right one is to fix the mirror assembly and the left one is spring-loaded and for fine vertical adjustment. Any way to make lateral adjustments?