Thread: sheet film for quarter plate/ 3-1/4x4-1/4 / 3x4 cameras

MFWV

Smile sheet film for quarter plate/ 3-1/4x4-1/4 / 3x4 cameras

I am pleased to announce that Wephota can sell quarter plate/ 3-1/4x4-1/4 / 3x4 sheet film. It is 100 asa black and white and I ordered mine from Lumiere Fine Art photography.
    http://www.lumiere-shop.de/index.php...duct&info=1666
    They say it's new stock cut off a big roll and best of all it is 19.90 Euros for 25 sheets + VAT + Carriage. I admit that I am still waiting for mine but if anybody out there who accidentally bought the wrong Speed Graphic or just likes the lighter weight of the quarter plate camera, then they can buy it here. They are German speakers only, (it's in Germany) but with emails that is OK. Buy some or lose it.

Wephota make other film types; maybe if the response justifies it, they might expand quarter-plate into other speeds.

Re: sheet film for quarter plate/ 3-1/4x4-1/4 / 3x4 cameras

INTERESTING !
    I love my little 3.25x4.25 Speeder, I've got some other film on hand, but will check it out !
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Hi Michael

yes, I was already aware of this online shop, great prices and for film in different formats too

regards

andrew

Actually the site is also in English just not the description of this film. They also sell Adox CHS 100 in quarter plate.

Fotoimpex sell a range of quarter plate films as well, obviously Adox as that's their own brand but also Fomapan 100, 200 & 400. In Europe though the best source of Foma film is Fomafoto.com in Norway.

Ian

Cool! I have a 1/4 plate Speed. I cut down 4x5 in the darkroom and do a 50 sheet box at a time so am fixed but it should get a few of the cool 1/4 plate cameras like th RB Graflex out and about. Especially since 3.25x4.25 Polaroid backs and packs are scared/gone/too expensive. The RB with a Polaroid back could make for fun at parties and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jbenedict View Post
    Cool! I have a 1/4 plate Speed. I cut down 4x5 in the darkroom and do a 50 sheet box at a time so am fixed but it should get a few of the cool 1/4 plate cameras like th RB Graflex out and about. Especially since 3.25x4.25 Polaroid backs and packs are scared/gone/too expensive. The RB with a Polaroid back could make for fun at parties and such.
    I would love to put a Polaroid back on one of my 3x4 RB's. I just haven't managed to figure out how to make it work right without butchering either the camera or the back. I may buy some of that film, though, I have three bag-mags which are aching to be used.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    I would love to put a Polaroid back on one of my 3x4 RB's. I just haven't managed to figure out how to make it work right without butchering either the camera or the back. I may buy some of that film, though, I have three bag-mags which are aching to be used.
    I have seen one and the installation looked pretty clean. I wasn't able to talk with the owner about it. A Speed might be easier. When you take the spring back off of a Speed, you have a square box to deal with and don't have to mess with the rotating back feature. A frame could be built while taking care to make it the same thickness as the spring back so the film planes of the two backs was the same. My 1/4 plate Speed does not have a RF and never has had one and I'm not going to punch a hole in the leather to put one on so it isn't really suitable for a Polaroid conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by jbenedict View Post
    I have seen one and the installation looked pretty clean. I wasn't able to talk with the owner about it. A Speed might be easier. When you take the spring back off of a Speed, you have a square box to deal with and don't have to mess with the rotating back feature. A frame could be built while taking care to make it the same thickness as the spring back so the film planes of the two backs was the same. My 1/4 plate Speed does not have a RF and never has had one and I'm not going to punch a hole in the leather to put one on so it isn't really suitable for a Polaroid conversion.
    I want to use a Graflex rather than a Speed because then I can do without the ground glass focusing back. I hav e two 1/4 plate speeds, so one of them is a likely candidate.
    Michael Cienfuegos