Thread: Summer water temps and tempering water temp with indoor mass storage

Summer water temps and tempering water temp with indoor mass storage

delete

Re: Summer water temps and tempering water temp with indoor mass storage

Oh, I don't know… deleting summer water temps and tempering water temp with indoor mass storage seems as good an exercise as any. I recommend it be done early and often, with a pastiche of abandon and panache.

…or was this a pre-emptive strike to obviate moderator deletion concerning use of the 'a', 'p', 'u', and 'g' in some surreptitious coded fashion?

I deleted it as I think I posted the same thing last year.

Go look for my BM post.

Seen it – I am a ranger trainee this year, not an actual ranger, yet. I like this thread better. "Delete" offers so many more possibilities for unrestricted and uncensored discussion!

Imagine the fun that we could all have following a post of invisible text with a provocative title...

On the subject:

I read in a document on Jobo's website that the easiest way to get the temperature down in a Jobo when room temp was 68F+ was to fill one of the Jobo 1000ml bottles with water and freeze it. Put the frozen bottle in one of the bottle holes and let the Jobo stabilize and you can have chemicals of the proper temperature!

Yep. Been there, done that. It's workable, but not pratical. I had to go down from 74 F room temperature to 68 F. I had to use 3 freezed 1liter bottles to keep the temperature during the 15 min. that the rotating ordeal lasted. After that I had to call it a day since I had no more frozen bottles. I have tried with a peltier cell using an aluminium bar. The problem is that in this first attempt the aluminium bar was a poor heat conductor and thus took too long to cool the water and didn't quite reach the temperature - it leveled at 71 F. I am going to try it with a better material and two peltier cells (thermally in series but electrically in parallel).
    raul
    PS: really like the concept of a blank notepad with just the title for us to fill-in

While I'm sure Randy appreciates the above two contributions, I believe they may be off topic in regards to 'deletion'. Or are they???

raul
    PS: really like the concept of a blank notepad with just the title for us to fill-in

Quote Originally Posted by rcmartins View Post
    Yep. Been there, done that. It's workable, but not pratical. I had to go down from 74 F room temperature to 68 F. I had to use 3 freezed 1liter bottles to keep the temperature during the 15 min. that the rotating ordeal lasted. After that I had to call it a day since I had no more frozen bottles. I have tried with a peltier cell using an aluminium bar. The problem is that in this first attempt the aluminium bar was a poor heat conductor and thus took too long to cool the water and didn't quite reach the temperature - it leveled at 71 F. I am going to try it with a better material and two peltier cells (thermally in series but electrically in parallel).
    raul
    Please report on the results if you get motivated and make such a contraption. I wonder if the pump in the Jobo would be strong enough to circulate water out of the Jobo and through about 6-8 feet of 3/8 plastic tubing in a 5 gallon bucket full of ice and back into the Jobo again. Might need something like a small boat bilge pump. Sounds like a lot of money and work. Might be better to put the ice in gin and tonics and wait until the evening cool...