Thread: Lens board for 4x5 graphic view II?

Lens board for 4x5 graphic view II?

Hi, I currently own a graphic view II and am planing on purchasing a Tessar 210mm f/4.5 lens. I know the graphic view II needs a 4x4 lensboard, so I was wondering where could I find a lens board that will fit my camera and the lens, I'm not sure what the diameter is unfortunately. For this would I need to contact someone online or KEH to create a custom lens board to fit my camera and the lens?

Re: Lens board for 4x5 graphic view II?

http://www.skgrimes.com/products/lens-boards/graphic These boards are often offered on eBay and KEH sometimes has them. www.mpex.com sometimes has them too. Calumet CC-40x cameras also use a 4"x4" board. I don't believe that they'll fit a GV, no longer have my CC-401 so can't check.

As for the lens, is it in shutter? If not, you can't use it easily.

If the lens is in shutter, a plain ordinary GV board can be drilled to accept the shutter.

No the Calumet won't fit unfortunately. The ones for skygrimes look great, I tried searching there earlier but couldn't find the GV ones.
    Yes it is in shutter, but I haven't been able to find any GV boards without already being attached to the camera. I'll go with skygrimes and mpex probably, thank you so much!

The GVII uses the standard 4" square #5 board that was also used in the Anniversary SG, many Burke & James press and view cameras, later MPP cameras, and many others.

Cut one of of Masonite. Works as well as metal.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

I make my own with a tablesaw. If you don't have one, take some really thin plywood (or masonite) and your camera to a friend with a tablesaw and in 15 minutes tops you will have a lensboard or several.

Thanks for all the suggestions!