Thread: Paterson Rotary Colour Print Processor For Sheet Film

Paterson Rotary Colour Print Processor For Sheet Film

I've just purchased a Rotary Colour Print Processor on impulse... its designed for 8x10 prints and its got a nice hand crank on the side. I figured I could probably use it for sheet film and save a little on chemicals but also not have to continue scratching negatives with hair ties (taco). Any one else tried it? I hoped I could use it similarly to a tank for agitation so I hopefully wouldn't be standing around for 10 minutes cranking the handle but it only takes 55ml of solution so I expect that'll need constant agitation.

Re: Paterson Rotary Colour Print Processor For Sheet Film

I use one of these for 4x5 until I picked up a uni color drum and base. It does fit on the uni color motorized base. Mine had a centre removable rib which when you put 45 sheets in the tension held the back of the film off the drum. With 810 I think without ribs would lay flat on the drum stop the chemical reaching the back. Just remember that the drum needs to be horizontal to pour chemicals otherwise they come out the other end.
    Cheers Shane

Thanks Shane, top tip! What developer did you use? I normally use Rodinal but I don't think it likes continuous agitation and 2.5ml of concentrate might be sailing a little close to the wind.

i use 350ml and just agitate 5 sec every minute and i do not use the base bit, no unevenness in any of my negs then. you might have to cut the fins off under the lid though as they can cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by monsta View Post
    i use 350ml and just agitate 5 sec every minute and i do not use the base bit, no unevenness in any of my negs then. you might have to cut the fins off under the lid though as they can cause problems.
    Makes sense, I take it you just use the tank as a tall narrow Patterson Tank?

I think Monsta is assuming you have an orbital rather than rotary unit. I have a brand new Paterson autocolortherm you can have if you know anyone coming down to the Westcountry, probably a bit too far for a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    I think Monsta is assuming you have an orbital rather than rotary unit. I have a brand new Paterson autocolortherm you can have if you know anyone coming down to the Westcountry, probably a bit too far for a road trip.
    Ah, this device seems pretty uncommon; that's what I get for impulse buying...

Cheers Ed if I'm down that way I'll take you up on that.

oops, i thought it was the flat orbital processor. cheers