Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gowlandflex- junkyard find

Re: Gowlandflex- junkyard find

I guess it is bigger than I thought. On closer look the lens looks professionally mounted on that board. Keep us posted if you get it.

So he has dropped his price by 20% now. Bring cash plus something to trade. . . ..

Gold is where you find it. You will never get this opportunity again.

Let us know how it turns out.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Don't be stupid, that 12" Commercial Ektar is worth money even if it's not the lens you choose to use.
    Use your brain, search 12" CE on Ebay.
    Buy the camera, sell the Ektar, buy different, more suitable lenses, and start shooting.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

I too would have bought it. Things like that don't come along very often. I've foolishly passed on a few things I really wanted in an attempt to save a small percentage, only to lose it to someone quicker.

(Shrek)

I know the seller. I've bought a few interesting things off him, including my Kalart Press camera 2 years ago. If you can get him when he's a little flustered, or basically when he needs cash, he will come down a little more. Make sure his friend is out of earshot, he gets annoyed with the other guy telling him not to sell stuff when he needs to make a sale.

I promise I won't go and buy it this week-end. Though that commercial ektar looks pretty fine. I'm drooling a little.

good news, Jody~
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

i picked it up. it was a "war" but i finally got it for 300$. new project is about to start!
    i always wanted gowlandflex and i never had a good opportunity to get one. this was perfect. over all its was super over the top dirty but it looks way better then i initially assumed. i already removed CE and serviced the shutter. lens is super clean and am really happy about that also. Lens is going to fellow forum member and i am about to decide on direction i am going to take regarding the lenses.
    lens boards have 75.60mm hole with a tread, and i have no clue why is tis camera opened to ACME 5 size, when 4 is almost sucked in front standard.
    also CE was mounted with a flange via 4 wood screws and lot of silicone. it was a mess to pull apart without making damage. normally i would just make two new lens boards but i would need to change the bellows then. original bellows are in fantastic condition and this would be stupid so i think i am going to make a adapter rings and mount it that way...

i will need some help form Golwlandflex owners on this project

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cikaziva View Post
    i picked it up. it was a "war" but i finally got it for 300$. new project is about to start!
    i always wanted gowlandflex and i never had a good opportunity to get one. this was perfect. over all its was super over the top dirty but it looks way better then i initially assumed. i already removed CE and serviced the shutter. lens is super clean and am really happy about that also. Lens is going to fellow forum member and i am about to decide on direction i am going to take regarding the lenses.
    lens boards have 75.60mm hole with a tread, and i have no clue why is tis camera opened to ACME 5 size, when 4 is almost sucked in front standard.
    also CE was mounted with a flange via 4 wood screws and lot of silicone. it was a mess to pull apart without making damage. normally i would just make two new lens boards but i would need to change the bellows then. original bellows are in fantastic condition and this would be stupid so i think i am going to make a adapter rings and mount it that way...

i will need some help form Golwlandflex owners on this project

Well to be picky, that is not a junkyard find but it is a "junk shop" find! Howard Tanger

cikaziva"

Congratulations. Hope you can restor it to near original condition. . . .or at least good working condition.

When you get it sone, please post a few pics in the Show Off Your LF Camera thread . . .?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!