Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gowlandflex- junkyard find

Gowlandflex- junkyard find

you find most interesting things wen there is not enough money! i always wanted Golandflex but i stop hoping long time ago. its a one trick pony but pony i love to ride! ant there it is it was looking at me form a pile of broken minoltas compact 35 cameras and worthless photo junk! its a small junk store in a flee market, guy has bunch of toaster ovens, old video games, baseball cards and cheep china... and this Goland! its in a good shape. belows is perfect and it has all the paint. no scratches anywhere, mirror is perfect and focus is smooth. he is missing a lens and no viewing hood. shutter is blocked and it needs repair... i asked a guy for a price he told me 550$! then he made a small drama brake and when i expected that he will say: but you can get it for 250; he told me: on ebay they sale over 1000$. this unusable Gowland is most expensive item he has in his little "shop" i spent next 45min trying to buy it off him for something more reasonable. he has a friend several spots from him that has several cameras and he is his main advisor. i offered his friend a Leica R3 in ok shape as a trade in and a guy wanted 250$ and R3. apparently camera is there year and a half now and some "hones hipster" schooled them on Peter Gowlands achievements. he rolled down to 450$ but not a cent under that. i was so pissed by all the experience that i pass. i really dont have money now to start new project but again i can say no to Golandflex just like that! what do you guys think?

Re: Gowlandflex- junkyard find

Ultimately something used is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Passing on it was probably a wise move, given the problems with it. I might have given him a final cash offer of $300 and left my card, so he can think about this thing that has been sitting his shop unsold for a year and a half plus. Then if he counter-offered at $400, I would offer $350 and that's it. It is not worth buying as an "intrinsic" collector piece - either you would like to fix it up and use it, or don't get it.

Buy it now for me😍😊.
    There are a CE 12in lens, at least.
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

12" lens??? Is it a 4x5 ? Looks like someone just stuck a lens on there to make it look like a working camera. I don't see how that parallax correction could be suitable for that lens.

i think it can work with 12"" according to Peters website they can work up to 300mm. for 240mm close focus is 36" and the parallax cam looks proper size. i dont know, i dont know enough about Gowland's to make to tell and without viewing lens its really hard to say. my idea is to get the nikkor 210mm and i have one number 1 dead shutter that can be perfect as viewing mount; that will be perfect! i always wanted TLR 4x5 and i have my eye on Gowland for last 20 years. i will go next week with 300$ in a pocket and try to get it. if its siting there last year and a half probably it will be ok sitting till next friday

modern 210mm lenses are cheap. If he doesn't take your cash, he'd be crazy or doesn't need the $. if this deal works out, it'd be potentially wise to give him a card and stay in contact.