Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Platinum/Paladium printing

Re: Platinum/Paladium printing

even if you do not buy much of the materials direct from any of the big film producers you should still write them an inquiry and say a bit about your project. Let them know their materials are sought and used!
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

Well, most of that stuff, except for the Ilford films, is Adox or Maco (Rollei and Foma brands) made. In Portugal, more specifically in Lisbon which is where I live, Adox is sold by Colorfoto and Maco by João Sousa Valles. Pricewise is more or less the same whether bought online or locally but unless I have some urgency I usually go directly to the german online sites (Maco = macodirect.de and Adox = fotoimpex.de). Portuguese stores are middleman and they are turning solely digital at an amazingly fast pace which means they have short stocks. (PT - A venda de material analógico em Portugal é quase uma miragem). It's true that these films have foreseably a short life ahead of them, but if we spread its use we might delay it.
    I sincerely hope you have fun with this approach.
    raul

I think the easiest thing is to make inner negs. you should read "less is more" article on unblinking eye. With the correct exposure ( contrast) and right amount of flash ( denisty) you can optimize your negative for whatever process you are doing while still retaining the original neg for FB. for film exposure for texture, develope for texture, as if on grade 2. Take that neg make a new inner neg with ortho, to be optimize for salt, or platinum, or gum, or bromoil, etc. . . . each one of those new inner neg will have a corresponding density range that match the process you intend on using.