Thread: Portraits of Nature

Portraits of Nature

I'd like to bring to your attention a little video about photographer Urs Bernhard titled Portraits of Nature - sharing his thoughts about photography...

Enjoy.
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Re: Portraits of Nature

Hmmm… he certainly seems competent enough. The title didn't fulfill my expectations. Seems as though for some reason he was shooting 5x7 with an 8x10. I did visit his site in order to attempt to discover something else that I may have missed.

His method of developing film is interesting---manually processed in a rotary day light tank, then the stop? And fix under a safe light??
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Great b&w images. When I see images like these, I always regret that I've abandoned b&w photography...

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    His method of developing film is interesting---manually processed in a rotary day light tank, then the stop? And fix under a safe light??
    I think he does the same thing that I've done. Develop, Stop, Fix and Wash in the processing drum . . . and then toss the film in a tray with Photo-Flo. I like how the video was put together, even though I didn't find the subject matter very interesting. If I were to make a video of my operation, I suspect the results would look very similar. Though at some point during the filming I'd probably step in a hole and break my ankle.

I enjoy videos like this. The simplicity and focus on the process is very interesting. I wish somebody would make something like this of my work, lol.
    I'm armed with a Wisner 4x5 Technical Field and a lot of hope. I got this. Oh, and my name's Andrew.

I also enjoy this video. As you people knows that portrait photography is not only about the location and subject. It takes a truly skilled photographer to get the actual thoughts and fascination behind the topic while focusing their own identity.
    *^^Earl^^*
    *^^^^^^*

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    I'd like to bring to your attention a little video about photographer Urs Bernhard titled Portraits of Nature - sharing his thoughts about photography...

Enjoy.
    good,
    i much enjoy it !
    thanks andreios,
    miguel

I enjoy his work. We've been contacts on Flickr for years.

The most important thing I observed, use of light. No doubt photography is about light. So, by far the most complementary lighting for most portraits is delicate as well as off-camera. And in this video, show off use of light very well in portraits.
    *^^Earl^^*
    *^^^^^^*