Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 x 14 Fuji 64T Transparency Film

Re: 11 x 14 Fuji 64T Transparency Film

Quote Originally Posted by DurbinLewisLtd View Post
    I really look forward to working with these!

Where are you getting them developed in Europe? Is this for E6 or C-41 as well?
    I think I said it the wrong way. I was meaning that I can develope 11x14 film. E-6 or C-41.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    I'd be eager to try it out on daylight landscapes + 85b filter.

Not sure where I'd send it for processing.

But when done, I'd probably view it on a light table in stunned silence.
    You can do it yourself with a Jobo and the soon to be available 3062. Or you can send it to a place like LFL in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    You can do it yourself with a Jobo and the soon to be available 3062. Or you can send it to a place like LFL in CA.
    My experience w/ Fuji 64T as a 4x5 landscape film (w/ 85b) would make processing these 11x14 sheets – at home or lab – worth the effort!

BTW, I really like the 11x14 aspect ratio, another justification for the effort.

John: If you shoot those two boxes, I hope you'll be able to share the images here.

-----
    For those who have a copy of Simmons' "Using the View Camera," there's a pleasing 8x10 landscape w/ tungsten film + 85b, taken w/ a Goerz Artar 480mm (19") lens.

See page 118-119 for the two-page spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    My experience w/ Fuji 64T as a 4x5 landscape film (w/ 85b) would make processing these 11x14 sheets – at home or lab – worth the effort!

BTW, I really like the 11x14 aspect ratio, another justification for the effort.

John: If you shoot those two boxes, I hope you'll be able to share the images here.

-----
    For those who have a copy of Simmons' "Using the View Camera," there's a pleasing 8x10 landscape w/ tungsten film + 85b, taken w/ a Goerz Artar 480mm (19") lens.

See page 118-119 for the two-page spread.
    I agree 11x14 is wonderful!

Too bad Cibichrome is gone, imagine an 11x14 contact transparency!

John

The person who sold them to me is trying to find out exactly how they were stored for all this time. I have some RDP 10x8 from the same sale so could use that as a tester for ageing I suppose.

I'm afraid I don't work with landscape, but do allot with antique furniture and my current research has been about finding a great film/process for photographing Mahogany - currently in the lead is cross processed original Velvia 50.

Cibichromes might be possible, a former tutor of mine once told me that they had some bottles of r-type left over from a long time back - just need the paper and apply it to my Jobo system I would guess?

I have to make a retraction, I thought I remembered seeing some 11x14 transparency images in the LF Landscapes thread, after trying to find a distinct image of a rainbow... It turns out it was 8x10...

Sorry about that!

Drew Wiley

I was working with an old master transparency made on Fuji 64T last nite, part of an interneg test. It had much better gray neutrality than Velvia or Provia, but with
    a tad more contrast than Astia. I used it for a lot of fussy indoor stuff back then, like copy work, tabletop photog, and architecture with hot lights.

Interesting Drew, I was scanning some older microscopy images done on 4X5 64T last week. I had placed one done last year using vintage 1995 64T in the abstracts thread previously. I'll reproduce it below with virtually no PS color adjustment. Seems good color for 18 year old frozen 64T. Illumination was 3200 K halogen. Was superb film for 4X5 microscopy.

DIC-13-10[F1 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

11 x 14 Fuji 64T Transparency Film

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Interesting Drew, I was scanning some older microscopy images done on 4X5 64T last week. I had placed one done last year using vintage 1995 64T in the abstracts thread previously. I'll reproduce it below with virtually no PS color adjustment. Seems good color for 18 year old frozen 64T. Illumination was 3200 K halogen. Was superb film for 4X5 microscopy.

DIC-13-10[F1 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    There's such a thing as using 4x5 for a microscope image???? That's crazy!!! Where do you even find that kind of equipment these days? Isn't everything digital?

Super beautiful by the way

Drew Wiley

Stone, go to the Nikon Small World website to see a lot of current microscope photography. They even sponsor contests. But a lot of that will be really high-tech
    stuff with expensive modern gear. What is more down to earth goes back a few decades. There you'd have a trinocular scope by Zeiss or somebody like that - two
    eyepieces for visual viewing, and the third tube for a camera adapter tube, which typically attached to a 35mm film camera, but also could be adapted to a hood
    with a Polaroid film holder at the end - which in turn could be easily adapted for Quickload or Readyload use, or with a bit more work, to a conventional 4x5 sheet film holder, or even a sheet film vacuum holder. I thought one of these devices would be easy to acquire, but they're apparently still enough in demand to fetch higher prices than I can presently afford. Of course, it would not be difficult to machine one yourself. Or I could do it the way Sinar once did, by connecting a lot of bellows, rail sections, and rail clamps to a very long very stable beam, to create an ultra-macro conventional camera of whatever film size you desire. Of course, the lighting etc get a bit complicated, but that call all be figured out. There are all kinds of ways for doing this, and it would be one more hypothetical fun thing for to fiddle with down the line before I croak. I did a lot of microscopy in college, both in microbiology and geology. Nathan sure had fun with that one. I
    know another fellow who did bugs macro, then turned them into giant dye transfer prints. Sometimes the universe comes to us thru a telescope, sometimes with
    things we don't ordinarily see cause they're too small. I'd just like to have a good scope again, just for the sheer fun of it.