In the first year I used LF, I mostly used front axis tilt or swing to avoid any changes in perspective, not much rear which is base only on the tilt and axis or base on the swing. One thing I noticed readily in my landscape work is that if I used a fair amount of either on the front and depending on what lens I was using, the sharpness would deteriorate anywhere from a bit to a lot. So I started using combos of a little front and mostly back tilt and have seen a remarkable difference in image quality, I now get *much* sharper images by not swinging that image cone around so much.

It seems logical to me that if you change the front swing, you are changing the optical path of the lens a little or a lot depending on the amount. But if you use rear adjustments, you are only changing the focus and perspective so the lens is not being pushed so hard at the edges. I am kind of surprised to not see this mentioned anywhere so I am wondering if anyone has some thoughts on it…or am I just crazy?

I thought about putting this in the camera section but this is really about the lens being pushed too hard or not, mods feel free to move it if the other section if a better fit...