Thread: Hello from planet Earth!

Hello from planet Earth!

Hello!

I have just taken the plunge into 4x5 photography. I recently purchased a Linhof Technika iii, just developed my first 2 negs tonight. I find it so much more pleasurable than Digital and 35mm already.

I am new to this forum and forgive my ignorance but what is the best channel to query a problem with camera equipment or processing?

I will be blogging my 4x5 journey at calumharris.com

Cheers!

Re: Hello from planet Earth!

Planet Earth? I've always thought its name was Planet Dirt.

More seriously, good luck, have fun.

Planet dirt and water is an accurate description of Earth.

Cheers!

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Welcome, Charris! The best way to get an answer to a problem is first take a look at the articles on the LFP home page, then do a search, either a forum or Google search, and if you don't find an answer, then of course go ahead an ask a question on the appropriate forum.

Great to hear that you've already dove into the process! Getting one's hands wet is a hurdle for many new people. Please post your pics in the image sharing section!
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Thanks Brian!

I have been involved with Photography since i was 13. Had been through College with photography and was doing it professionally for a year before i had a 21 year old crises and sold all my equipment during a trip in Tokyo. I joined the Navy then went back to University. Now i am working at a Bank and have found Photography again. More specifically Large format photography. 25 years old and have rediscovered my love as a photographer! I need to be a professional again!

Cheers!
    Follow my 4x5 jouney at www.calumharris.com