Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelling Tips for UK (Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, ...)

Re: Travelling Tips for UK (Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, ...)

The OP will know all about Blood sausage - in fact, all types of sausage!

Thanks guys! Steven, your hint really makes me question our choice...maybe we should consider another time of the year.
    John, we also got blood sausage over here. I know what I have to avoid :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    The OP will know all about Blood sausage - in fact, all types of sausage!
    Indeed, and proud of it! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Don't eat the blood sausage.
    Nonsense, Black Pudding, to give it it's proper name, is awesome. Much nicer tasting than it has any right to be. If you're lucky you can find a chip shop that sell slices battered.

Given two weeks I'd be going west coast of Scotland, it is not to be missed. And then one or two of the following: Northumberland, Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire coast. I'm sure theres tons of good places in the south west and south coast, but the driving distances from there to Scotland are huge (by UK standards...).

I spent a couple of days earlier this month on my first trip to North Wales and the Snowdonia National Park, even though I live next to and work within the Dartmoor National Park I was blown away by the diversity of the landscapes and although I didn't visit the coastal areas nearby, there are also many fantastic opportunities there too.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_whatever View Post
    Nonsense, Black Pudding, to give it it's proper name, is awesome. Much nicer tasting than it has any right to be. If you're lucky you can find a chip shop that sell slices battered.

Given two weeks I'd be going west coast of Scotland, it is not to be missed. And then one or two of the following: Northumberland, Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire coast. I'm sure theres tons of good places in the south west and south coast, but the driving distances from there to Scotland are huge (by UK standards...).
    +1 on both black pudding and west coast Scotland.
    I have a home on west coast of Ireland but I'm still spending two weeks in the western isles this summer....
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

What is not to like in the UK for photography?? It's all good! I'm about due for a visit!
    ... and black pudding is awesome! Luckily an Englishman has a butcher shop walking distance from my house where I can get my fix!

+1 for the West coast of Scotland, especially the Isle of Skye. Here are some of my images of Scotland to wet your appetite, including Skye:

http://www.arnecroell.com/p926133692
    http://www.arnecroell.com/p131787813...fcad#h1ae783ff
    http://www.arnecroell.com/p131787813...fcad#h3c9bfcad
    http://www.arnecroell.com/p460164333...cb9d#h282ccb9d

Most of them were taken in June 2012- a few midges were out, but not too bad yet. And blood pudding is perfectly fine for breakfast, btw.

I don't see why we should make this easy for you ! The problem, as you have probably figured out from the responses, is that there are so many wonderful locations that we will end up sending you to more places than you can fit in your trip. I lived in London for 6 years as an ex-pat, and both worked and visited many of the areas you mention. I can't really recommend one over another (for example, both North Wales and Scotland are wonderful, but so is Cornwall, the Lake District, and so on). I will mention that the Welsh are proud of the fact that they have more ruined castles per square mile than any other location in Europe, so if ruined castles are your thing (they are one of mine, they are so nice about standing still for us view camera types...) you should keep North Wales in mind, both for castles and Snowdonia National Park. If your interests run towards shores and fishing villages, Cornwall stands out. And if you want to try for a 4x5 (or larger) portrait of the Nessie, then Scotland beckons (along with Cairngorms if you like mountains). As I commented in another post to a different question, the areas you mention offer so much that you need to use your own special interests to narrow things down a little. (Gosh, no one seems to have mentioned standing circles, Stonehenge, or other neolithic sites, other of my photographic interests...).

Hey there,

You are planning to go to the most beautiful place, I have visited some places in the UK last years such as Edinburgh, Bath, some of the heritage places there Ancient Stonehenge and Medieval Salisbury . But i just loved the edinburgh that is such a amazing place ,I have also made fun in Cardiff .But if you are planning to go to UK you have to keep things with you like oyster card,id cards ,passports because UK is too restricted place I mean theres so much rules and regulations to follow ,and you must have to follow. Now im planning to go California trip .Please share your experience with me if anyone has.
    Thank you!

Simi Valley tourist attractions
    Last edited by lisa8776; 16-Jan-2019 at 11:01.