Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shen-Hao 5x12?

Shen-Hao 5x12?

I've been contemplating a Shen-Hao 5x7 camera for a while. I was looking at their web site tonight, and I found that apparently they now make a 5x12 camera.

http://www.shen-hao.com/hzx57-IIAT.html

Does anyone know anything about this format? Are new film holders even available? Is cut film available, or must one cut down film from rolls?

Shen-Hao 5x12?

Perhaps you could get a roll of 5" aerial film and cut 12" pieces off? Or you could get Photo Warehouse to custom cut Ultrafine (FP-4+) film for your specs.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Shen-Hao 5x12?

Is is 5x12 inches or centimeters?

Clay

Shen-Hao 5x12?

I know of at least two Canham 5x12 cameras. Korona made one back in the banquet camera days. It is a nice format for traveling. Big enough to contact print, yet small enough to scan and make a MUCH bigger print if necessary. As mentioned, Photo Warehouse will cut FP-4 to any size. Also, a 25 sheet box of 12x20 film from anybody will yield a 100 sheet box of 5x12 inch film. Photowarehouse will also do these 'conversion' jobs for you. S&S have film holders for this format. Another nice thing is that the film diagonal is about the same as the 8x10, so the same lens kit will work for both formats.

Shen-Hao 5x12?

During the course of communications with Mr. Fuming of Shen-Hao this spring I suggested that he build some panoramic cameras. He seemed interested and I eventually sent him a 5X12 and a 7X17 holder in trade. Based on this I suspect that you will see a 7X17 Shen Hao very soon.

S&S holders in 7X17" size (and several other ULF formats) are marketed through Quality Camera Company in Atlanta but the 5X12" size is a custom size that we only make on special order so if interested contact me directly.

From the picture at the Shen-Hao site the 5X12 appears to be built of the same material and have the same basic movements as the 5X7. If so it should be an excellent camera because my 5X7 Shen-Hao is very well built and sets up very solid.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Shen-Hao 5x12?

Is it me and my Mac, or does the shen-hao.com website hang up on the Flash download for you Windoze folks too?

Shen-Hao 5x12?

That's interesting. I'd seriously consider a 7x17 Shen-Hao.

Website works for me--Win98SE/Netscape7.2 and WinXP/Netscape 7.0

Shen-Hao 5x12?

Working fine for me with Safari OS10.3.5, but it does load slowly for me and seems to have some quirks.

I'm interested in the SH617 ART PANORAMA FOR 4x5 CAMERAS shown at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately the information on the site is pretty thin. I sent an email requesting further information and it, unfortunately, has just bounced back as undeliverable... If any one does successfully contact this company please drop a note in this thread.

Shen-Hao 5x12?

Try sending an email to Mr. Zhang Fuming at zhangfm@online.sh.cn. That worked for me in mid-summer.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Shen-Hao 5x12?

That 6x17cm back looks very attractive. Kerry Thalmann did a review in _View Camera_ magazine, last issue I think. Info at badgergraphic.com.