Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    In my opinion Silverfast 6.6 is a much better choice for Howtek scanners than Aurora. Even if you have a full set of disks for Aurora you still need a dongle to make it work, and in the Macintosh world Aurora works only with the old classic (pre OSX) system.

The only significant problem I have found with Silverfast and the MAC is that Version 6.6 only works with OS 10.3 and 10.4, and MAC OSX is not very SCSI compliant so the choice of card is very important. I was using the D4000 with OS 10.4 with an Adaptec 2906 SCSI card but this combination would not see the Howtek 7500, and I also had problems with an Adaptec 2930 card. The most reliable SCSI card I have found for MAC OS X with the 7500 is the Acard AEC-6712WM/TUM.

Sandy
    Thank you ofr your kind opinion. I have a question to scanner users using SCSI Connection. I recently installed SCSI 29320 LPE Card on my Win 7 machine, downloaded the drivers from the Adaptec Site. Booted the Computer. Win 7 recognized the adapec card with out any problem. The I connected my Howtek 4500 with the right cable and started my scanner first and then my computer. My computer instantly recogmized the Howtek 4500 during the boot sequence, It is also seen in the Device Manager panel as Howtek 4500. When I go to Silverfast 6.6, I get a error message " No scanner found". Scanner works in an older dedicated machine with XP os with out a problem. I contacted Silverfast and they say it should work with Win 7. I am perplexec. Can any one help?

I meant " for your opinion"

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Which edition of Windows 7 are you running 32 or 64?

DPL (both Pro and standard versions) only works with 32bit Windows, unfortunately.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    DPL (both Pro and standard versions) only works with 32bit Windows, unfortunately.

-Dan
    I am using Silverfast 6.6 Ver for Windows. I am using Win 7 64 bit OS. According to Silverfast, this set up should work, since Win 7 (64) recognizes the SCSI 29320 Card and also recognizes the Howtek 4500. I don't understand where the problem lies.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nagairaj View Post
    Thank you ofr your kind opinion. I have a question to scanner users using SCSI Connection. I recently installed SCSI 29320 LPE Card on my Win 7 machine, downloaded the drivers from the Adaptec Site. Booted the Computer. Win 7 recognized the adapec card with out any problem. The I connected my Howtek 4500 with the right cable and started my scanner first and then my computer. My computer instantly recogmized the Howtek 4500 during the boot sequence, It is also seen in the Device Manager panel as Howtek 4500. When I go to Silverfast 6.6, I get a error message " No scanner found". Scanner works in an older dedicated machine with XP os with out a problem. I contacted Silverfast and they say it should work with Win 7. I am perplexec. Can any one help?
    I think the external interface in the card you are using is not a regular 50 pins scsi (it's 68 pins lvd). If I was you I would buy an cheap 2940 from eBay (make sure is not UW) and avoid all the trouble. You can always dual boot in XP and W7.

Smile Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    I think the external interface in the card you are using is not a regular 50 pins scsi (it's 68 pins lvd). If I was you I would buy an cheap 2940 from eBay (make sure is not UW) and avoid all the trouble. You can always dual boot in XP and W7.
    Yes. I got the reply from silverfast. They told me that Howtek and Aztek did not supply proper drivers for Win 7 support. So we are stuck with Win XP. Dual boot may be the only option.
    Thanks anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by nagairaj View Post
    Yes. I got the reply from silverfast. They told me that Howtek and Aztek did not supply proper drivers for Win 7 support. So we are stuck with Win XP. Dual boot may be the only option.
    Thanks anyway:
    FWIW, DPL works fine with both OS'es.

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

I'm impressed with the number of Premier owners/renters! A fantastic piece of equipment...

Anyone still using NewColor 7000?

Last time I spoke with Evan @ Aztek about OS compatibility, he told me that DPL was only compatible with 32 bit versions of Windows(preferably XP or 7).
    I use W7 32bit on my server/tower.

I've never used silverfast, so I don't know about it's compatibility.