Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 289 of 289

Thread: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

  1. #281

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Hello Everyone

    New here to this forum.

    I run a Howtek 7500 with DPL 8 software here in NZ.
    We are experiencing a problem with scans from our small drum with a cyan/green/red cross in the shadows.
    We have been in touch with Aztek many times trying to isolate the issue. Have looked at all the front end, ie bulbs, drums, cleaned fori and analyser lens.
    Have replaced with new PMT's ( at great expense $2000 NZ $) ...
    we have had the luxuary of swapping out boards with second set from old 7500....No joy!!
    So it comes down to the optics bench and re alignment.

    We don't have that special tool!! Have asked Aztek and they are getting back to us.

    Does anyone who has a 7500 have that tool.....could we beg, borrow and return....we could get a 3D tool made here in NZ and then
    return it to you ASAP.
    If anyone has any insite to this tool or our problem, it would be great to here from you.
    Cheers Graeme

  2. #282

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    104

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiartist View Post
    Hello Everyone

    New here to this forum.

    I run a Howtek 7500 with DPL 8 software here in NZ.
    We are experiencing a problem with scans from our small drum with a cyan/green/red cross in the shadows.
    We have been in touch with Aztek many times trying to isolate the issue. Have looked at all the front end, ie bulbs, drums, cleaned fori and analyser lens.
    Have replaced with new PMT's ( at great expense $2000 NZ $) ...
    we have had the luxuary of swapping out boards with second set from old 7500....No joy!!
    So it comes down to the optics bench and re alignment.

    We don't have that special tool!! Have asked Aztek and they are getting back to us.

    Does anyone who has a 7500 have that tool.....could we beg, borrow and return....we could get a 3D tool made here in NZ and then
    return it to you ASAP.
    If anyone has any insite to this tool or our problem, it would be great to here from you.
    Cheers Graeme
    Hi Graeme,

    Sorry to hear your troubles - I am not in NZ but I do know a few labs there, they all use same tech who has some experience with Howtek machines I can give you his details but I don't think he has the tool. Your best bet is to get it machined locally, its quite simple and there are tech drawings on the scan hi end group. The tech may be able to assist with all this.

    Send me a PM and we can discuss,
    Bests,
    C
    The Container Lab
    www.thecontainerlab.com/blog

  3. #283

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Well, you CAN do it without the tool. All you need is a drum and lots of time since you won't be able to do adjustments in "real time". Instead, you bring the drum in position (so the drum is between the FOTI and the analyser lens), check the alignment, remove the drum, do an adjustment and then again install the drum and check the alignment.

    And then... repeat that as many times as needed

  4. #284

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    Hi Graeme,

    Sorry to hear your troubles - I am not in NZ but I do know a few labs there, they all use same tech who has some experience with Howtek machines I can give you his details but I don't think he has the tool. Your best bet is to get it machined locally, its quite simple and there are tech drawings on the scan hi end group. The tech may be able to assist with all this.

    Send me a PM and we can discuss,
    Bests,
    C
    Hello
    Thanks very much for replying....yes the thought of getting one machined would definitely be on the cards...I'll send you a PM to discuss!
    Thanks Graeme

  5. #285

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Quote Originally Posted by brbo View Post
    Well, you CAN do it without the tool. All you need is a drum and lots of time since you won't be able to do adjustments in "real time". Instead, you bring the drum in position (so the drum is between the FOTI and the analyser lens), check the alignment, remove the drum, do an adjustment and then again install the drum and check the alignment.

    And then... repeat that as many times as needed
    Ohh that is great to know!!....thankyou....I will look into this in the interim while we are chasing down the tool.
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers Graeme

  6. #286

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    HELLO TO EVERYBODY. MY HOWTEK SCANMASTER 4500 STOPED WORKING. BEFORE IT SHOWED ERROR: data available-length too big=6228
    THE TECHNICIEN HERE IN FRANCE FOUND OUT THAT POWER BOARD WAS DAMAGED, HE REPAIRED IT, THE SCANNER WORKED FOR A LITTLE AND AFTER SHOW SAME MESSAGE ERROR data available-length too big=6228 WENT OFF AGAIN! i AM SEARCHING A NEW POWER BOARD OR ANY OTHER IDEAS YOU MAY GIVE TO HELP

  7. #287

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    North Narrabeen NSW Australia
    Posts
    54

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    I highly recommend Michael Streeter of scan solutions USA . He can go through repairs even over the phone.

    I bought my 4500 from Michael and his knowledge is at a masters level. He can also supply spare parts

  8. #288

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilmot View Post
    I highly recommend Michael Streeter of scan solutions USA . He can go through repairs even over the phone.

    I bought my 4500 from Michael and his knowledge is at a masters level. He can also supply spare parts
    Thank you Dean, i will contact him ASAP.

  9. #289

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    37

    Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Armando,

    Just wanted to let you know that the 70924 tape from tapejungle.com is a great substitute for the OEM tape from Aztek. I bought a 20-pack of the 1" wide tape and I am very impressed with its holding power and lack of residue on the film.

    When one scans 12X20" negatives on a drum scanner there is a premium placed on the holding ability of the tape, otherwise the negative itself is a great risk. Just image a negative that size flapping around at the high RPM of a drum scanner!! Not a pretty result when one lets go.

    Sandy
    Found the tape on Amazon for those who prefer to use them: https://www.amazon.com/Polyester-Spl...s%2C92&sr=8-14

Similar Threads

  1. Eversmart vs drum scanners & Aztek plateau
    By 8x10 user in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2017, 14:25

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •