Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Re: DPL users/owners of Howtek/Aztek scanners

Hello Everyone

New here to this forum.

I run a Howtek 7500 with DPL 8 software here in NZ.
    We are experiencing a problem with scans from our small drum with a cyan/green/red cross in the shadows.
    We have been in touch with Aztek many times trying to isolate the issue. Have looked at all the front end, ie bulbs, drums, cleaned fori and analyser lens.
    Have replaced with new PMT's ( at great expense $2000 NZ $) ...
    we have had the luxuary of swapping out boards with second set from old 7500....No joy!!
    So it comes down to the optics bench and re alignment.

We don't have that special tool!! Have asked Aztek and they are getting back to us.

Does anyone who has a 7500 have that tool.....could we beg, borrow and return....we could get a 3D tool made here in NZ and then
    return it to you ASAP.
    If anyone has any insite to this tool or our problem, it would be great to here from you.
    Cheers Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiartist View Post
    Hello Everyone

New here to this forum.

I run a Howtek 7500 with DPL 8 software here in NZ.
    We are experiencing a problem with scans from our small drum with a cyan/green/red cross in the shadows.
    We have been in touch with Aztek many times trying to isolate the issue. Have looked at all the front end, ie bulbs, drums, cleaned fori and analyser lens.
    Have replaced with new PMT's ( at great expense $2000 NZ $) ...
    we have had the luxuary of swapping out boards with second set from old 7500....No joy!!
    So it comes down to the optics bench and re alignment.

We don't have that special tool!! Have asked Aztek and they are getting back to us.

Does anyone who has a 7500 have that tool.....could we beg, borrow and return....we could get a 3D tool made here in NZ and then
    return it to you ASAP.
    If anyone has any insite to this tool or our problem, it would be great to here from you.
    Cheers Graeme
    Hi Graeme,

Sorry to hear your troubles - I am not in NZ but I do know a few labs there, they all use same tech who has some experience with Howtek machines I can give you his details but I don't think he has the tool. Your best bet is to get it machined locally, its quite simple and there are tech drawings on the scan hi end group. The tech may be able to assist with all this.

Send me a PM and we can discuss,
    Bests,
    C
    The Container Lab
    www.thecontainerlab.com/blog

Well, you CAN do it without the tool. All you need is a drum and lots of time since you won't be able to do adjustments in "real time". Instead, you bring the drum in position (so the drum is between the FOTI and the analyser lens), check the alignment, remove the drum, do an adjustment and then again install the drum and check the alignment.

And then... repeat that as many times as needed

Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    Hi Graeme,

Sorry to hear your troubles - I am not in NZ but I do know a few labs there, they all use same tech who has some experience with Howtek machines I can give you his details but I don't think he has the tool. Your best bet is to get it machined locally, its quite simple and there are tech drawings on the scan hi end group. The tech may be able to assist with all this.

Send me a PM and we can discuss,
    Bests,
    C
    Hello
    Thanks very much for replying....yes the thought of getting one machined would definitely be on the cards...I'll send you a PM to discuss!
    Thanks Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by brbo View Post
    Well, you CAN do it without the tool. All you need is a drum and lots of time since you won't be able to do adjustments in "real time". Instead, you bring the drum in position (so the drum is between the FOTI and the analyser lens), check the alignment, remove the drum, do an adjustment and then again install the drum and check the alignment.

And then... repeat that as many times as needed
    Ohh that is great to know!!....thankyou....I will look into this in the interim while we are chasing down the tool.
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers Graeme

HELLO TO EVERYBODY. MY HOWTEK SCANMASTER 4500 STOPED WORKING. BEFORE IT SHOWED ERROR: data available-length too big=6228
    THE TECHNICIEN HERE IN FRANCE FOUND OUT THAT POWER BOARD WAS DAMAGED, HE REPAIRED IT, THE SCANNER WORKED FOR A LITTLE AND AFTER SHOW SAME MESSAGE ERROR data available-length too big=6228 WENT OFF AGAIN! i AM SEARCHING A NEW POWER BOARD OR ANY OTHER IDEAS YOU MAY GIVE TO HELP

I highly recommend Michael Streeter of scan solutions USA . He can go through repairs even over the phone.

I bought my 4500 from Michael and his knowledge is at a masters level. He can also supply spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilmot View Post
    I highly recommend Michael Streeter of scan solutions USA . He can go through repairs even over the phone.

I bought my 4500 from Michael and his knowledge is at a masters level. He can also supply spare parts
    Thank you Dean, i will contact him ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Armando,

Just wanted to let you know that the 70924 tape from tapejungle.com is a great substitute for the OEM tape from Aztek. I bought a 20-pack of the 1" wide tape and I am very impressed with its holding power and lack of residue on the film.

When one scans 12X20" negatives on a drum scanner there is a premium placed on the holding ability of the tape, otherwise the negative itself is a great risk. Just image a negative that size flapping around at the high RPM of a drum scanner!! Not a pretty result when one lets go.

Sandy
    Found the tape on Amazon for those who prefer to use them: https://www.amazon.com/Polyester-Spl...s%2C92&sr=8-14

Quote Originally Posted by FOTOdeLUXE View Post
    I am trying to recover this machine from years unused and I have a problem with my FST4500 software because, when I launch it the program says that "We have and initialization problem!!!" and "Init failed to find the necessary driver"
    Bumping this thread to see if there's a solution to the above problem. I have an SM4500 that I operate with DPL 8.1 that I'd like to be able to occasionally check with the FST. I'm using a Dell workstation (Windows 10, 64-bit) equipped with an Adaptec 29160N SCSI card. I've made a bootable USB stick with FreeDOS that contains all of the FST files. I can successfully boot into FreeDOS and run FST4500.exe, but when the FST loads it fails the initial test, which is to check for the SCSI (identical to Miguel's problem quoted above). As a result of this failure, I'm not currently able to run any of the tests in FST.

Is there a "trick" to getting the computer to load the SCSI driver when booting into FreeDOS from a USB?