Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8x10 Tripod.

Re: 8x10 Tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Yeah... peace, dude.... jes so yer not one of those mercury-fume, blow-up-the-house wetplate types living next door to me!
    Sounds similar to a crack house.

For my Deardorff I had an Induro C413 and it was great. A little heavy, but it did the job. I now have an Induro AT313 for my 4x5 and I think 8x10 would work well on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah B View Post
    For my Deardorff I had an Induro C413 and it was great. A little heavy, but it did the job. I now have an Induro AT313 for my 4x5 and I think 8x10 would work well on that too.
    I'm going to go have a look at the Induro AT413 next week. At $217, with a max load of 20kg and weight of 3,2kg, it's the best deal I can get.

8x10 Tripod.

Years ago I had the ultimate tripod built from an early wooden surveyor unit. My machinist friend made the appropriate head unit. It is stone solid, everything a photographer could dream of.

Unfortunately, only a young athlete or a donkey can schlep the monster to location. I was once so strong. No more. Funny how our pre-vision improved as our muscles decline.

Plus 11111 for Ries. Light and sturdy.

Another angle would be to look into a video tripod like the Libec. Very stiff, not too heavy. Drawback for some is lack of center column but advantage is a leveling ball arrangement with a 75 or 100 mm cup in the tripod and a clamping half ball with a 3/8 stud on top that fits into it. I use mine with my 8 x 10 Linhof and it never complains. I got it for my video setup but use it for both video and still.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Aluminum.html

This one might be a bit on the heavy side, but they make a bunch of lighter models and they're quite good.