Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is their a Keith Canham for Fuji Films?

Is their a Keith Canham for Fuji Films?

The question is simple, Keith Canham has a long relationship with Kodak and can get them to attempt many different cutting scenarios.

So is there a guy who is the Fuji guy?

We all know that getting sheet film of Velvia50 at all in America isn't easy, I've found a guy who I can get some for a relatively good price, but it's a hassle and expense to ship from Japan etc.

So I figure there are others who would want special size cuttings of any and all of the Fuji film products and wondering if there is a guy in the US who we can turn to?

For me personally I only need 4x5 and potentially 8x10 films of Fuji products (at least for the near future...) but I'm sure others need other sizes?

Thanks.

Re: Is their a Keith Canham for Fuji Films?

That "Fuji Person/Guy" could be Jeff Taugner at Badger Graphics.

He alerted me when Fuji announced that they would no longer make Provia in 5x7 and at and Fuji LF lenses.

However, there is no indication that Fuji is interested in any special order.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Fuji doesn't do special orders. Japan Exposures sells film, but the prices are rather ... dear. Actually, at $8.80 per sheet of Acros 100 in 8x10, that's close to what Kodak is charging (B&H, $7.65/sheet, Tri-X).

Hmm.....
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Is their a Keith Canham for Fuji Films?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Fuji doesn't do special orders. Japan Exposures sells film, but the prices are rather ... dear. Actually, at $8.80 per sheet of Acros 100 in 8x10, that's close to what Kodak is charging (B&H, $7.65/sheet, Tri-X).

Hmm.....
    $16/sheet for the Velvia50 in 8x10 wow!

These guys are $30 more expensive per V50 4x5 than the guy I found! Sheesh!

I never asked my guy for 8x10 pricing.

Drew Wiley

I got the last of my Fuji 8x10 ACROS from Jeff, but after that, he seems to have gotten frustrated with all the roadblocks put up by Fuji themselves.

No.
    We've had this discussion here many times and fuji just doesn't want to deal with it.

So, I've seen 8x10 Velvia50 and Acros100, so can we at least confirm that for now, they are still cutting this? Even if I have to get it from japan?

I can confirm Acros 100 in 8x10. Bought two boxes a few months ago from Bellamy (aka Japan Camera Hunter).

Kevin Kolosky

An analysis of the situation indicates that its not who you know, but who can come up with enough money for an order that the film company is willing to produce. Mr. Canham does it by making a list and collecting commitments (and money) until he has enough for an order.

What you (we all) need is a rather wealthy individual who would be willing to make rather large orders of large sheets of film and then have those cut and boxed as needed. Probably not going to happen. Better yet would be a large number of photographers getting together to form a buying co-op. That way you can make 50 sheet and 100 sheet boxes of film again, or any size you want.

By your statement, what we need is not a rich man, but any man willing to pony up the cash for at least one box, and enough of them to total an entire production of the stuff in 8x10 and one person to organize and hold the money in escrow while it is collected.

So I could do it... but then it's the "who you know" part... which again is for one, finding the contact at fuji who would listen, and two the amount of people organized to make such an order...

So I stand by the ... it's not what you know but who you know that is the most powerful.

I would certainly be willing to be the guy, but I don't have the contacts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin J. Kolosky View Post
    An analysis of the situation indicates that its not who you know, but who can come up with enough money for an order that the film company is willing to produce. Mr. Canham does it by making a list and collecting commitments (and money) until he has enough for an order.

What you (we all) need is a rather wealthy individual who would be willing to make rather large orders of large sheets of film and then have those cut and boxed as needed. Probably not going to happen. Better yet would be a large number of photographers getting together to form a buying co-op. That way you can make 50 sheet and 100 sheet boxes of film again, or any size you want.