Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beseler 45MX -- cracked condenser stage, no neg carriers, no lensboard -- need parts

Re: Beseler 45MX -- cracked condenser stage, no neg carriers, no lensboard -- need pa

Quote Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
    Here's a picture of the cracked piece:
    OK. I do not have that piece available. It's in use supporting the new light box. Sorry.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Re: Beseler 45MX -- cracked condenser stage, no neg carriers, no lensboard -- need pa

I believe I have sourced the part -- from a guy who is selling me some other darkroom stuff. Beseler has not yet replied to my query. I might still try to get the original welded just because.

I believe I have sourced the part -- from a guy who is selling me some other darkroom stuff. Beseler has not yet replied to my query. I might still try to get the original welded just because.

I just bought a 45MX that was in great shape. It didn't have any neg carriers or a lensboard. And the person who sold it to me wasn't into photography, so didn't know what these things were or if they were ever included with this particular enlarger. So I'm in need of the usual assortment of carriers, and at least one board.

Here's my sad story -- after removing the condenser head and placing it in the cab of my truck, I strapped the chassis to the bed of my truck and started the 300-mile drive home. Less than 20 miles into my trip, a truck in front of me dropped a 3" diameter hunk of steel pipe directly into my path. I swerved and avoided a major accident, but I clipped the pipe with my rear tire and literally shredded my tire. The stress of the maneuver cracked the condenser stage. (I don't know how, but it did.) Is there a place that sells 45MX parts? Are all 45mx condenser stages interchangeable (so I can just get one from Beseler)?

Thanks a bunch.
    See my post here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...sta-Cold-Light

Check into 3D printing if part is NLA....

I am an avid car buff and people are recreating one-off parts casting for restoration with 3D printing given the original part availability. I just saw up close a wonderful 3D printed part for the rear view mirror hanger on a very old Alfa Romeo.

Just a thought.

Or take it to a machine shop that does CNC or parts replication using water jet technology.

Obviously may be spendy, which throws the least expensive option back to just finding another????

I`d simply join the broken part with a small plate and some screws. Looks like it`s not a critical area.

Lensboards are simple flat plates. I don't have dimensions but they're easily made with 1/8-3/16" aircraft ply from the local hobby shop or JoAnn/Michaels craft store.

Two words.... Duct tape!
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

They (circle) have diameter of 8 1/4 inches and handle that extends 2 inches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3760.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	113376

Sounds like you have found the part, but just incase it doesn't work out your best bet with Beseler is to contact them by phone during business hours.

Roger