Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Re: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Regarding pins broken out of standards....

I have a second body with the same problem. I am thinking of getting a replacement standard manufactured probably using 3d printing, as I have previously used the services of Morten Kolve to manufacture a "Grafmatic" focusing screen and the design and manufacturing was excellent. I think he would be able to enbed a threaded socket during printing or leave a void for one to be glued in....

Hello

In the forum, this seems to be the only thread where the Cambo twr54 is discussed in more detail. I would therefore like to link here with a question:

What is actually the maximum bellows extension respectively how close can I get with a 150 mm lens? Is a head/shoulders possible as a maximum or also closer?

According to the DOF Calculator, I need a distance of 60 cm to the subject to get a crop of 30 x 38 cm, which corresponds to the scale of 1:3. The bellows extension is 50 mm, total = 200 mm?

NormaN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-03 165619.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	240116

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    How do you correct parallax at portrait distances?

Raise the tripod?
    You simply view both images on both glass screens and make them look the same. By raising and lowering the boards they can cover the same exact areas. Easier to do than to explain. Upper taking lens has slightly from above perspective. That's what I prefer for portraiture; Not looking up people's noses but downward slightly. Gowlands have that reversed like a giant Mamiyaflex
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent Laval View Post
    Hello, "stevence" well, here are 2 pictures, there is a Cam lock lever that keep the cam from moving, you have to pull this lever to take out the cam to change it
    and on the second pictures, you can see 2 pin that follow the 2 grooves of the cam
    the pins are part of the bellows, so following the groove when you focus, those pins raise or lower the 2 bellows
    if you don't have those pins, the cam is useless (I hope you understand, sorry for my poor English)

Attachment 219891

Attachment 219892

Hello Laurent

Is it possible that the "pins" you describe can break off in the event of a mishandling? Is this a detail that needs special attention before buying?

Is it repairable?

Thank you for a feedback

NormaN

Hello Laurent and Aesthetique

Me again with the same question regarding the pins:

Is it possible that the "pins" you both describe can break off in the event of a mishandling? Is this a detail that needs special attention before buying?

Is it repairable?

Thank you for a feedback

NormaN

Quote Originally Posted by NormaN View Post
    Hello Laurent and Aesthetique

Me again with the same question regarding the pins:

Is it possible that the "pins" you both describe can break off in the event of a mishandling? Is this a detail that needs special attention before buying?

Is it repairable?

Thank you for a feedback

NormaN
    Hello,
    I really don’t think the pins can break, the camera is build like a tank !

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent Laval View Post
    Hello,
    I really don’t think the pins can break, the camera is build like a tank !

Best
    Believe me they do. Well not the pins, but they are screwed directly into bakelite and that does break releasing the pin.

Bakelite drys out over decades

and cracks

I have old tube radios

with failing Bakelite
    Tin Can

Just bought a very nice TWR w/ 210mm's last Friday, and I went out to look for a sling bag or backpack today but could find anything that would fit a TWR with its 9" width!? OK, there was a Tenba video cam bag but the zip was so impractical and I don't want to carry a Pelicase in the field, so what are you guys and gals using for carrying your TWR please??

PS; if anybody wants to part with a set of 150mm's I'd be interested!

[QUOTE=Jeroen;1697873]Just bought a very nice TWR w/ 210mm's last Friday, and I went out to look for a sling bag or backpack today but could find anything that would fit a TWR with its 9" width!? OK, there was a Tenba video cam bag but the zip was so impractical and I don't want to carry a Pelicase in the field, so what are you guys and gals using for carrying your TWR please??

PS; if anybody wants to part with a set of 150mm's I'd be interested![/QUOTE

I have mine in a Lowepro Pro Trekker 600 AW. It is enormous and has the depth required. It is quite an old bag now, but there are a few around second hand on ebay.