Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Re: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Just upgraded the viewing lens on my TWR, so it now sports two 150 Xenotars. This took a bit of reworking, I think anything shorter would require redesigning the lens panels or front standard, but the bigger issue is the parallax correction. A 135mm lens is better suited on a Crown/Speed Graphic rangefinder not a TLR in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CamboTWR-Xenotars-01.jpg   CamboTWR-Xenotars-02.jpg   CamboTWR-Xenotars-03.jpg   CamboTWR-Xenotars-04.jpg  

I'm a long time Sinar Norma User/Collector and have been hankering for this version of the TLR Norma from the original catalog. They say it works with any focal length, so we will see. As far as matching lens pairs coming, I'm using 150mm chrome Componons, 180mm chrome Componons, 210mm chrome Componons, 240mm chrome Xenars, 240mm chrome Componons, 240 chrome Symmars, 300mm chrome Componons, and finally, 250mm H5.8 barrel Rodenstock Imagons. Pieces and parts to finish these pairs are on the way right now. This will be great for 4x5 B&W portraiture

Fastest Speed of All Sinar Norma Pair 240 Symmars 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Three completed identically matched lens pairs ready to go. 150mm chrome Componons, 240 chrome Xenars, and 240mm chrome Symmars

Fastest Speed of All Sinar Norma Three Good Pairs 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

How do you correct parallax at portrait distances?

Raise the tripod?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    I'm a long time Sinar Norma User/Collector and have been hankering for this version of the TLR Norma from the original catalog. They say it works with any focal length, so we will see. As far as matching lens pairs coming, I'm using 150mm chrome Componons, 180mm chrome Componons, 210mm chrome Componons, 240mm chrome Xenars, 240mm chrome Componons, 240 chrome Symmars, 300mm chrome Componons, and finally, 250mm H5.8 barrel Rodenstock Imagons. Pieces and parts to finish these pairs are on the way right now. This will be great for 4x5 B&W portraiture

Fastest Speed of All Sinar Norma Pair 240 Symmars 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Three completed identically matched lens pairs ready to go. 150mm chrome Componons, 240 chrome Xenars, and 240mm chrome Symmars

Fastest Speed of All Sinar Norma Three Good Pairs 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    How do you correct parallax at portrait distances?

Raise the tripod?
    Yep I'll start with that and see how it goes. It's going on my Plaubel Camera Stand double braced, so super easy up and down.

― Mark Twain

Just wanted to follow up on my TWR 54-adventures - it arrived in pretty bad shape (either due to packaging error or seller dishonesty) with its front standard broken. I guess this can be mended by a metal worker, but one thing baffles me: I can't seem to understand how the bellows follow the cam. Can anyone explain how one hinges the bellows to the cam? I suspect I have a part missing there.

360 Symmar Norma Auto Iris Pair by Nokton48, on Flickr

A matching pair of Sinar Norma Automatic Iris Schneider Symmar 360mm f5.6 on the twin lens. This is pretty long on 4x5 and I can go longer if I need to. This will be tested soon with portrait subjects.

Some of my Norma parts are fairly worn out, I've been improving some aspects successfully following Philip Morgan's guide. Makes a big difference and razor sharp on the screen.

Like the big Plasmats in the studio but the Norma Compendium Matte Box is necessary to eliminate in camera flare light. There is a modern version with roller blinds but this is early version which works good

Next is going to be a matched pair of 12 inch Commercial f6.3 Kodak barrel Ektars. Picking this up at a camera auction Friday Noon

DSC02697 (2) by Nokton48, on Flickr

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent Laval View Post
    If someone is interested by the drawing of the holder, I can sell them for $2750 .
    I am very interested in the drawing. Unfortunately, I don't have $2750 for it...

Max

Hello group !
    here are my drawing about the holder I designed for the Cambo TWR54 (you can see some pictures in this thread) feel free to ask me questions if you don't understand something. All measures are in mm
    Maybe it will be interesting for some of you.
    Laurent
    http://www.xoxixox.com/-Forums/holde...4_Holder_1.pdf
    http://www.xoxixox.com/-Forums/holde...4_Holder_2.pdf
    http://www.xoxixox.com/-Forums/holde...4_Holder_3.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by stevence View Post
    Just wanted to follow up on my TWR 54-adventures - it arrived in pretty bad shape (either due to packaging error or seller dishonesty) with its front standard broken. I guess this can be mended by a metal worker, but one thing baffles me: I can't seem to understand how the bellows follow the cam. Can anyone explain how one hinges the bellows to the cam? I suspect I have a part missing there.
    No-one?

Hello, "stevence" well, here are 2 pictures, there is a Cam lock lever that keep the cam from moving, you have to pull this lever to take out the cam to change it
    and on the second pictures, you can see 2 pin that follow the 2 grooves of the cam
    the pins are part of the bellows, so following the groove when you focus, those pins raise or lower the 2 bellows
    if you don't have those pins, the cam is useless (I hope you understand, sorry for my poor English)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	219891

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	219892