Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Re: Cambo TWR 54 - 4x5 Twin Lens Reflex (like Gowlandflex) Question...

Thank you for your support
    I will take care of the lens board light trap, I made those one quickly, but it's not dificult to glue on the back a piece of cardboard to make a light trap.
    I will also try this cam for the 270
    Thank you

Dear all, a TWR 54 is coming my way. I've been reading through this thread and as expected, my TWR 54 comes without bayonet lens boards and without back. Just for starters, I wanted to know who is still actively using this thing? Is there any place / any forum member I can source spare parts? New old stock or newly made? Thanks for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by stevence View Post
    Dear all, a TWR 54 is coming my way. I've been reading through this thread and as expected, my TWR 54 comes without bayonet lens boards and without back. Just for starters, I wanted to know who is still actively using this thing? Is there any place / any forum member I can source spare parts? New old stock or newly made? Thanks for your answer!
    Please send me a message.

Kumar

This is my modified Cambo TWR which now sports the big bright eye, a late Xenotar 150 in Compur 3 shutter. The viewing lens is a deshuttered 150mm F3.5 Xenar which seems to track fairly well. I originally had a 210 Heliar on this, but this camera is more suited for the 150 (not having a reflex mirror) and mounted the 210 Heliar on a Gowlandflex instead. The camera came to me incomplete, I had to 3d print the lens panels, shims, and cam. The 150 cam is longer than the original and can focus to about 3ft or so. It only shifts the viewing lens down to match and there's a notch on the middle bar to allow for the Xenar to drop to the minimum focus/maximum cam extension. The spring back is not original, it's an adaptation of a standard back, the top spring part, to hold the Grafmatics firm. I've also added a shoe to mount a flash trigger and a bright focusing screen. Fun camera to shoot, even handheld, slightly more compact, albeit more awkward, than the Gowlandflex to shoot in portrait orientation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CamboTWR-02.jpg   CamboTWR-01.jpg   CamboTWR-03.jpg   CamboTWR-04.jpg  

Nice combo, Henry. 3D-printing is an option to me. Do you happen to have the original 3D printing-files? Would you be willing to share them?

My camera doesn't have the interchangeable bayonet mount anymore, the lenses were mounted directly to the sliding front panels. Much of the work is bespoke to this pair of lenses, I'm not sure the files will be useful to you. Which pair of lenses are you planning to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Suryo View Post
    My camera doesn't have the interchangeable bayonet mount anymore, the lenses were mounted directly to the sliding front panels. Much of the work is bespoke to this pair of lenses, I'm not sure the files will be useful to you. Which pair of lenses are you planning to use?
    I see, do you happen to have a 3D-model for the graflock-back adaptation?

I'm afraid not. My camera came to me with the modified spring back (not a Graflok). I believe the original design had a simple spring tab that holds the film holders firm in tension, but mine has a standard spring back, the top portion that has the ground glass.

Hello everybody!

I think this is my first post here, but followed this tread since years because i wanted a TWR. So finally, last december i found a good one for sale and bought it with the 150mm cam and lenses... i still dident take some test photos, as i will recive the camera only this weekend. But i am a bit worried as it seems my taking lens dont come with the adjustebel board... the lenses i have for the cambo are the schneider apo symmar 150mm f5.6 multicoated. Will i have troubel focusing without the adjustebel board?

Another thing is that i dream of converting (by a technican, because i am not able to do it) the TWR with 135mm Planar T* (will take some time before i can buy such an expensiv lens). Do you think its possibel to modify the TWR with that lens reaching infinity focus?

Really apreciat this tread, it is my only source of information about my dream camera! Sadly i understand nothing from engineering and am the worst DIY guy...

All the best

No that will not be possible. The 150mm is the widest lens that will infinity focus on the TWR, and the throat behind the lens board is too narrow to allow in a shutter, so no recessed board is going to happen either. ..........Ed Sawyer has a pair of Xenotars 2.8/150 on his... something to aspire too. I get by with Xenar 3.5/150s