Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOBE is on the run, failed at subscribtion

Re: ADOBE is on the run, failed at subscribtion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adobe-CC-subs_610x288.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	112528

Yeah right "Adobe is on the run, failed at subscription" they are totally tanking. Stock hits new high, 405 thousand new subscribers last quarter alone. This was published yesterday.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-576...subscriptions/

but wait........
    A recent survey by CNET and analyst firm Jefferies showed that 57 percent of Creative Cloud subscribers plan to renew, even though many no longer will get the first-year promotional pricing of $30 per month. However, the survey also showed customer satisfaction rates with the subscription to be dropping.
    Give us some real competition-all that software mentioned above is not in the same league......yet-not for someone like me who makes their living with this software.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

OK, I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adobe-CC-subs_610x288.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	112528

Yeah right "Adobe is on the run, failed at subscription" they are totally tanking. Stock hits new high, 405 thousand new subscribers last quarter alone. This was published yesterday.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-576...subscriptions/

but wait........

Give us some real competition-all that software mentioned above is not in the same league......yet-not for someone like me who makes their living with this software.

I think that graph is photoshopped!

Adobe is evolving and adjusting like every company. We as consumers have become very sensitive to changes, trying to for tell future events has become the norm.

2 Bit Hack

I once had copies of Dreamweaver and Fireworks when it was still Macromedia. I loved it. I cannot get those old versions to run anymore. Fireworks was the best competitor until Adobe bought them out. Too bad.
    Regards

Marty

I used to enjoy pre-adobe software from Aldus, like pagemaker and photostyler. Adobe just slowed them down and crashed them slowly.
    Current Adobe photoshop is very fast and zippy though and is not comparable.

Here's another glowing report of Adobe's cloud business success.
    http://petapixel.com/2014/03/21/adob...e/#more-131889

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    3/4's of the ad copy in the email was dedicated to software theft and the dangers to your creative projects.

They even brought up illegal pirated software 'back door's' which will hack your computer.

It was full on scare tactics, with sweet discounts.

They are on the run.

As for GIMP, been there, no thanks!
    Pirating Adobe CC does not create any back doors. I mean, that what I hear

And yes, Gimp is horrible. If they added true adjustment layers, blending modes and 24/48bit processing I'll revisit it.

And some interesting info... I work for a major TV network, we currently have 60+ seats of CS6 in house. Our Adobe rep was bugging us to upgrade to CC. Since none of our production machines can access the internet we couldn't do the CC plan since the software needs to phone home every month. Well it turns out that that is not exactly the truth. Adobe can generate a S/N that allows it to work as a permanent license with no need to phone home.

Let me ask you this? I work for Shriners Hospital. It's an educational hospital and I sue Lightroom and photoshop. Can I get the latest version of PS without subscription? 90 percent of y work is done with Lightroom but I do use PS for more detail work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    Let me ask you this? I work for Shriners Hospital. It's an educational hospital and I sue Lightroom and photoshop. Can I get the latest version of PS without subscription? 90 percent of y work is done with Lightroom but I do use PS for more detail work.
    Simply ask Adobe. If they recognize your workplace as educational, they will ask for a picture of your Shriners ID and make it so.

not sure. afaik, you can upgrade within a version, ie- CS5 but there's no upgrade path from CS5 > CS6 if that's what you're thinking. Might require paying for the new version which could be necessary if you shoot raw files. CS5 can't convert latest nefs from D4s for example so I'll need to get IT to install CS6 with latest plugin (still beta I think).

but yes, best to contact Adobe for clear answers.
    Last edited by Fred L; 21-Mar-2014 at 17:09.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Adobe will make more profit with their current model & slowly starting increasing rates as more & more users sign up which just adds to their bottom line. I hate the subscription model & refuse to take part in it.
    I follow a LF film-scan-edit workflow and CS6 and my computer can handle my files (1-6GB scans). I just use a relatively new dedicated "photo editing" computer for photography & another computer for general use. In the future, has long as the hardware lasts on the editing computer, I'm not effected by software/ operating systems changes in the coming years.