Thread: Darkroom water supply, effluent disposal and environmental control - Survey

Darkroom water supply, effluent disposal and environmental control - Survey

I am conducting a spot of research for a project I’m doing for my sustainability focussed BSc(Hons) Technology: Design and Innovation and wonder if you might be able to help?

Specifically I am looking into darkroom water supply, waste water disposal and environmental controls (temperature, humidity, ventilation etc.) in and wonder what, if any, problems people suffer with these or how they might be improved? Grateful if you would complete this short Darkroom Survey?

Thanks in anticipation

Mick

Re: Darkroom water supply, effluent disposal and environmental control - Survey

Saw your survey over at APUG as well. I'm going to be an a'hole here and tell you that you have not provided me with near enough information about you and your program (actually, virtually nothing) for me to participate in your survey. No loss to you, I'm certain, even though having taken a look at it, I'm probably your ideal (on paper) respondent.

Gezus, I'm so fed up with sloppy, disrespectful, irresponsible internet research.

On second thought, maybe I will take the survey, many times, entering nonsense and contradiction.

multiplex

how is this sloppy, disrespectful and irresponsible ?

the OP's initial post was here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...06#post1104306

what does it matter what specific program the OP is involved with, exactly ?

i did a fixer survey on apug 6 or 7 years ago
    and it was clear (at that time) that 70% of people that were nice enough to respond
    where honest at least in admitting they poured everything down the drain.
    a few years later i did the same survey and only 30% said they pour down the drain ..
    mostly because " its their property, and they can do whatever they want because environmental laws are dumb
    besides my laundry detergent is worse for the environment than anything in the darkroom i use
    AND all that stuff you heard about selenium being nasty stuff, its all BS, since it is found in multi vitamins and the ocean ... " &c

OP
    good luck with your survey!

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    AND all that stuff you heard about selenium being nasty stuff,!
    I know you're being facetious, as purveyor of a device to recover silver...

Lately I've been reading about her...

Even Rachel Carson knew the hazards of Selenium before she started writing Silent Spring...

John Olsen

Thanks for the survey. I watch out for environmental impact, because what I pour, I'll be drinking soon. I'm on a first-name basis with the guys down at the hazardous waste disposal site and they even come to my open-studio days. I think being a photographer involves some responsibilities. After all, we talk a lot about portraying nature's wonders, don't we? It's a little extra effort, but I can see the need.
    If there are people who delight in pouring hazardous chemicals down the drain, they probably produce crap for photos too.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I know you're being facetious, as purveyor of a device to recover silver...

Lately I've been reading about her...

Even Rachel Carson knew the hazards of Selenium before she started writing Silent Spring...
    hi bill

there used to be a lady on apug who claimed she had a science background
    and she would spout this sort of nonsense. its hard to believe she actuslly
    believed it, but she did ... kind of nutty ..

yep i do sell the recovery stuff, but t be honest
    its more of a clear conscience rhing not a money maker sort of thing
    ( if that makes sense ) ...