Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Holland

Hi from Holland

Hello everyone,

I'm Andy, 49 years young (life starts at 40 they used to say and 50 is the new 40, so......from The Hague, Holland.

I stem from a photographers family (an uncle who used to be a travel photographer for a large travel agency, who photographed Spain and Greece in the late sixties and throughout the seventies and relatives in the east who had a photog business....hence a long list of equipment -bought at dealers' rates- mind you). I started with a Nikon FE, then (in random order) Pentax 645, 6x7, Hasselblads 500 C/M, 202FA, Nikon F100, Leica M6, Contax G2, fairly recent a Voigtlander Bessa III 667 and even more recently I sold my Plaubel Peco Profia (which belonged to the uncle mentioned and which I used in the studio) and bought a Chamonix 045F1.

I'm somewhat of a photographic 'wh*re' (excusez le mot), will shoot anything, dead or alive, from landscapes to portraiture, also using digital but to me that's much like music on a computer (or love in a canoe?). I still prefer the look of film, love (and sometimes hate) the process (while digital leaves me...cold). Not -always- into 'picture perfect'; the right moment, improv ideas on the spot are just as important to me. Or as my uncle used to say: "It's not about image quality but the quality of the image."

Been reading some great stuff here already (on gear and hiking in the US for instance, no such thing here) and it's great to see the 'old skool' skills are still very much alive (I've never seen anyone with a LF camera out here so far, nor MF for that matter except once). Looking forward to reading more!

Anyway, for an impression: http://www.andyterborg.4ormat.com (LF section needs attention, scanning.....).

LF-lenzes by the by are: Schneider Super-Angulon 75mm f5.6, Sinar-Sironar S 135mm f5.6 MC, Schneider Apo-Symmar 180mm f5.6 & Schneider Apo-Symmar 240mm f5.6 MC

Re: Hi from Holland

Dag Andy!

Welcome here, you show some great shots on your website!

Tot ziens,
    Jan (not speaking Dutch, although the name may suggest it)

Welcome to the LF forum and glad that you join the European band here

Hi Jan, thanks & you're doing pretty good with your Dutch. If not Dutch than probably German? (I know the name Jan is used in the northern part, part of my family originates from Kiel -and is surnamed as such-). I'll check out your work later on.
    Thanks Emmanuel, seems we need more LF-users in this part of the world.

Hi Andy, West Germany - close to Duesseldorf/Cologne :-)

Ok! Duesseldorf I've visited many years ago, some beautiful old parts remaining (despite the war), I recall.
    Do you go out much in the area photographing?

And do you have a website? (Can't find more info,I'm on my mobile phone)..

Hi Andy from Andy!

Thanks Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy ter Borg View Post
    And do you have a website? (Can't find more info,I'm on my mobile phone)..
    Hi Andy, check out www.keyling.com - I am not happy with the layout. Anyway, it shows my abilities (especially the lack of).

I am very much active in the bigger area - reaching from the Ruhr area (Duisburg, Essen) to Cologne and the area clsoe to the Dutch border (Schwalmtal, Nettetal, close to Roermond). Sometimes I do some small trip to Belgium (like next Sunday), but currently I am mostly active in my near surrounding. You will see that I predominantly shoot landscapes and "industrial architecture" (have no better description) in LF.

How about you? I guess you travel to several locations for your shootings? I have to say that I really like your portrait series - never got the chance to try something like that for myself.