Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beseler Dichro 45 no light

Re: Beseler Dichro 45 no light

Thanks for the suggestion of KHB Graphix, perhaps he can give some advice because it will be entirely too expensive to ship across the border for a repair - cheaper to just buy a used, working head. This was a give away, and frankly I've blown the money I had from taxes on some film and getting new tires on both my wife's car and mine, so no extra cash to pay for a repair, for now. I definitely want to learn color and have a developing tube/roller and paper ready to go, just need RA-4 chemistry, and this head to work.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion of KHB Graphix, perhaps he can give some advice because it will be entirely too expensive to ship across the border for a repair - cheaper to just buy a used, working head. This was a give away, and frankly I've blown the money I had from taxes on some film and getting new tires on both my wife's car and mine, so no extra cash to pay for a repair, for now. I definitely want to learn color and have a developing tube/roller and paper ready to go, just need RA-4 chemistry, and this head to work.
    If you have acetate filters they work fine. Modern film and paper is so stable as long as you don't change film the filter pack is pretty much constant (this assumes you have a condenser head) Unique photo in New Jersey is a good source for RA-4 and C-41. RA-4 is so easy. If you heat the chemistry to around 100-104 F 45-60 seconds each for developer and Blix, I still use a regular old Kodak stop bath in between to reduce staining. No need to fret over +/- 1/2 degree like the old days. YOU DO WITH FILM, but color printing is a breeze. Hint find an old microwave to warm your chemistry, doesn't take much, just a few seconds. I've been doing this for 20 years saves a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Let me know what you find out. I have one that stopped working recently too, I suspect the circuit board but don't know enough to mess with it. Thus the purchase of the Ilford system which has its own issues.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Does anyone have a schematic for the Beseler dichro 45 color head and control box?