Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On an iPAD Air what 4X5 lens does the camera app correspond to

Re: On an iPAD Air what 4X5 lens does the camera app correspond to

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    Viewfinder Pro is an oder version and according to the App description it says "As of March 15, this app will no longer be available for download, and existing installations will not be updated to include new features or fixes."
    D-oh!
    That's nice of them; they only charged $20 for the app, now they will no longer update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    That's nice of them; they only charged $20 for the app, now they will no longer update it.
    Yeah, this is a pricing model I really don't like.

Is there an android version?

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesL View Post
    Hi,

I am a member of the Mark II Artist's Viewfinder team. I've just read your question and yes, you can add up to 20 individual custom focal lens per virtual camera. The Manual of the app is available here: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/handbook/

Regarding the wide limitations the Mark II supports wide converter lenses from ALPA, Schneider and olloclip - using them you can go up to 2x as wide as the phone alone would allow.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact me at support at direstudio dot com.

Cheers,
    Agnes

Would someone just answer the original question. Please?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

On an Ipad Retina (4th Generation) the screen fits a 129 mm lens according Viewfinder Pro.

Why not just look at the Ground Glass? If the view doesn't match your creative vision, mount a different lens or move the tripod.

The Ground Glass is truth.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Why not just look at the Ground Glass? If the view doesn't match your creative vision, mount a different lens or move the tripod.

The Ground Glass is truth.
    Word. Or cardboard cutout.

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesL View Post
    Hi,

I am a member of the Mark II Artist's Viewfinder team. I've just read your question and yes, you can add up to 20 individual custom focal lens per virtual camera. The Manual of the app is available here: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/handbook/

Regarding the wide limitations the Mark II supports wide converter lenses from ALPA, Schneider and olloclip - using them you can go up to 2x as wide as the phone alone would allow.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact me at support at direstudio dot com.

Cheers,
    Agnes

I bought the original app, which you have withdrawn, updated, renamed, and re-offered for sale.

Support for the original app, which was around 20$, is no longer available, and it can no longer be downloaded from the iTunes store.

How long will it be before you re-name this one, in order to attempt to re-sell it, and do you think that your existing customers will ever be tempted to buy from you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Fry View Post
    So you can use the iPAD as preView camera so to speak. I am guessing it would correspond to about a 135mm lens, but that is just a guess based on my 210 mm. Anyone have an more accurate determination? Is there some app that does that, maybe with lines for the various lens focal lengths?
    It obviously would not work for wide angles unless there is a wide angle attachment for the lens.
    Well, you could measure the angle of view directly. Mount/clamp/strap the iPad to some support and view a scene . . .a brick wall maybe. Move objects on each side until they are just at the edges. mMasure that angle with a protractor such as is used in school (7th or 8th grade?). Now look up the specs on several lenses and see which focal length most closly matches that field of view.

There is probably a better way to do this direct measurement, but this is what I can come up with just now. I welcome other ideas on how to do this.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Well, you could measure the angle of view directly. Mount/clamp/strap the iPad to some support and view a scene . . .a brick wall maybe. Move objects on each side until they are just at the edges. mMasure that angle with a protractor such as is used in school (7th or 8th grade?). Now look up the specs on several lenses and see which focal length most closly matches that field of view.

There is probably a better way to do this direct measurement, but this is what I can come up with just now. I welcome other ideas on how to do this.
    +1, but perhaps too obvious...
    Tin Can