Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arg!!

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Re: Arg!!

The gap between the lock strip and the "bulge" is also an 1/8" wider on the Fuji than my Polaroid. It looks like the Linhof back slopes on all sides. Maybe that will give you enough room for the Fuji.

Polaroid had two different styles of this holder. Mine is the older version. Yours actually looks more like the Fuji version so what I'm reporting could just be incorrect for you.

Anyway, keep your eye on KEH. They frequently have Fuji holders and are extremely understanding about returns. I'd email and let Them know you're looking for one.

I just started using these and they are fun.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

Quote Originally Posted by csxcnj View Post
    It looks like the Linhof back slopes on all sides. ...

yeah..my back is apparently an older one that Doesn't slope - it's flat - so that makes it more problematic

This whole thing is because it would be cool to put a p-back on my 5x7 to test out lenses that would not fit on my 4x5 (because of flange size mostly)

- so... it's not a critical need...BUT NOW that I started on this path - - I MUST MAKE IT SO

my new plan is to buy or build a spacer with a graflock ..or hell... even a cambo sping back might work (those things have a wide bail opening if I remember)

it's not important to me to keep the same focus distance as it is with a 5x7 back.. I'd refocus anyway if I was switching backs around..so a little spacer might be the ticket

Done and Done

in looking around on ebay for some kind of 'spacer' or something I could convert..I found another 57 to 45 reducing back with a bigger stand off - so I bought it

and it cost me no more than I probably would have spent messing around trying to build something (especially if one includes gas for driving to the hardware store and back like 15 times)

so..anyone need a flat 57 to 45 Linhoff reducing back???