Thread: X-Rite 310TR Schematics / Parts diagram

X-Rite 310TR Schematics / Parts diagram

Before I open this box up, I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody out there has the schematics and/or parts diagram of an X-Rite 310TR densitometer.l Or, barring that, if anybody has actually opened one of these up and replaced the battery responsible for keeping it's clock ticking and it's calibration data while it's powered down.

It's an old beast (this one was in use in 2000 according to some notes in the copy of the manual I received when I obtained the unit) and I'm not willing to spend too much on it.

Re: X-Rite 310TR Schematics / Parts diagram

OK, so no luck at all with documentation beyond the readily available operator's manual. I'm awaiting a reply from X-Rite though.

I did have some communications with Sam Coniglio (an authorized service provider) who indicated he had binned his 310 documentation "long ago". He did tell me to check the lithium battery as it likely needed replacing.

So off comes the skin... easy access from the top once the screws holding the plexi top panel are removed. The panel and the whole top half of the unit just pop off then leaving the main display circuit boards accessible. Lo and behold, right there on the back of the right hand board is a big-ass lithium battery. It appears said battery has been replaced at least once in the past as witnessed by the non-factory solder job on it's leads.

So a new battery has been ordered (pricing ranging from just under $5 to over $20 for what appears to be the same battery. And a number of the US suppliers will not ship it to Canada, nor list it as available on the Canadian versions of their websites.

I've included a couple of images of the insides of this beast. Wow, they don't make too many things like this anymore. It's a hugely solid aluminum casting, no flimsy showing here. The circuit boards actually contain components I recognize from my time in the electronics world. Solid late '80s devices here. Most of them big enough to actually solder by hand if necessary. No SMD.

The yellow battery in question:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XR310TR battery.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	110694

A full frontal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XR310TR naked.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	110695