Thread: Ammonium Dichromate in the UK

Ammonium Dichromate in the UK

Great news for alternative printers in the U.K. I've just ordered 100 g of Ammonium Dichromate on the Great Auction site. He claims to have 6 more packs available.
    Basically "Up Yours Brussels" we can still get the stuff.
    Pete.

Re: Ammonium Dichromate in the UK

I've just had notification that my order is "in the post".
    Pete.

Just to let you all know that my order arrived this morning, well packaged and well labelled.
    This shows that we are not ruled by Europe and can continue to make Cyanotypes (including Dr. Wares new process) and Gum Bichromates. There is a God.
    Pete.

Right, these are the facts!
    I contacted Silverprint about Ammonium and Potassium Dichromate and they stated that they were warned off selling the dichromates by one of these strange government quangos that were created to inflict Euro Regulations on the great British public wether we like it or not, but for our own good. This outfit is called REACH. I contacted REACH and Dr. Gary Dougherty of The REACH & CLP Helpdesk (tucked away in Merseyside) has stated in an E-mail to me that "Supply of the substances for use in a workplace or for use in part of ones work can continue". If you consider that your darkroom is a workplace as I do, we're O.K on a temporary basis. It appears that Our Masters in Brussels have decided to introduce further controls on the 21st of September 2017. Yes lads, this stuff is so incredibly dangerous that "They Who Know Best" are allowing us to play with these dangerous carcinogenic dichromates until 2017, how about that for urgency? They're worth every penny they're paid in my book! There was me thinking that the "Green" Unleaded petrol that we can all buy at our local petrol stations was explosive and carcinogenic, but any idiot can buy that stuff, even in plastic containers.
    Pete